Thursday, September 20, 2007

It's a start...


I find inspiration in a lot of things that I see and read, unfortunately it's hard to find the time to create all that my heart desires. Creating an altered tussie mussie has been one of the things on my "wish-to-create" list for an awful long time. Today was the day, I decided, so out came the cardstock, printed papers, brushes, and glue. I've decided that there are other elements that I'd like to add, perhaps a charm, a short poem or quote, something to hang it with... but for now, I'm simply happy that I'm following my heart and creating once again. The beige velvet woven trim was a not so recent purchase that I made at JoAnn's Ect. Superstore. I originally purchased it to be sewn along a seam in my crazy quilt; thankfully, I purchased extra of it! Those dried-looking silk roses have been in my stash of supplies for quite sometime. Those were originally purchased to be snipped, then tucked inside of a piece of ribbon used to hold some of the assorted envelopes that I have received over the years from swapping artwork with others or to be added to the front of some embossed wallpaper journals that somehow I never got around to creating. Needless to say, I've never gathered all the envies nor completed the journal project or so many other ideas that dance around in my head like fragments of a much larger picture. I constantly think that "Perhaps, one day.... " well, today was as good as anyday to get started!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just came upon your blog while doing a search for "tinnies". I'm looking around and wanted to comment on your altered tussie mussie - very very nice!!!