Friday, January 04, 2008

CHEERS! to "2008!"


I thank my God upon every remembrance of you. Philippians 1:3

Each and every year, at the beginning of the New Year, I like take some time to reflect and reminisce about the previous year and the years before that. I may spend some of my time re-reading a previous blog entry, a randomly selected journal entry, look through a previously created scrapbook album, dig through a box of letters, or a display of artwork that others have shared with me. And every year I'm amazed at the memories and moments that have made and filled up not only my heart, but the days, months, and years of my life.

I'm ever so gently nugged into remembering old friends and acquaintances, along with those who have helped filled my life with happiness and love. I remember a hope, or a dream, that for one reason or another never quite made it into fruitation. I'm reminded of unfinished business, works in progress, and I aim for new goals to fulfill the desires of my heart.

I suppose, like everyone, I remember some painful mistakes that I've made along the way, cherish the lessons that I've learned {or at least, HOPE that I've learned --- as you know that they'll come back around this time "knocking" at your heart and you around just a bit harder!}

Anyways, through that process, I was able to re-live and cherish some special-to-me moments, and I began gaining an entirely new perspective , something that somehow I was unable to see before. As I sat and remembered all those "should have-could have-would have" moments that somehow slipped away like the sand in an hourglass, I longed to re-live a few of them, if only to say, "I'm sorry"; "I miss you"; "I love you."; and I "Thank you!" one more time.

As I sat and pondered, I began to desire "more" in my life. More of this, that, and the other. {You can fill in any combination of things in that _____ .} And then, as suddenly as it started it stopped. I began asking myself "when", and "if" and "where" will any of those "inserted whatever word(s) here" would be enough? and I suddenly realized that is what I really truly desire.

Just Enough.

No comments: