Thursday, April 24, 2008

CED 2008 ~ Another page for my "Almost Daily" Journal and update

Yesterday, Don and I took a trip to a warehouse in Columbus. As always, we did a bit of shopping and stopped for lunch. I'm not quite certain what's wrong with me but I passed up the opportunity to go into Dick Blick's, Border's, and Barnes and Nobles. Instead I focused my attention on some much needed clothes shopping. I still haven't dropped off the extra pounds that somehow accumulated over January and February and upon discovering that my clothes from last summer aren't quite fitting me the same, it was time to do something about that. I purchased several new pairs of shorts for wearing everyday, and two pairs of capri's: one a bit more casual and the other a tad bit dresser-i-er. I found a beautiful quarter-length sleeved T to co-ordinate with the them but the butter yellow capri's are proving to be quite a challenge to find something new and fashionable to wear with them. I almost put them back but really desired to add some color to my existing wardrobe. I also opted for khaki's instead of all denim in a pair of shorts. I also purchased a new pair of sandals for summer wear. I've been gradually putting them on and wearing them around the house to get them broken in.

Today, I'm attempting to "hide out." I should be over at my mom's finishing washing down the last remaining portion of her kitchen, but my heart just wasn't in it. I've had so little "Me" time lately. So, today I found some time to create a page for my "Almost Daily" journal. It's been a long time since I've created anything new to add to it. The background image of a formal garden was taken from an old calendar and the text reads, "HOME... where we inevitably return... committed to each other."




Speaking of commitments, I'm off of here to clean up the mess I made while creating this and then, I'm off for a walk. Obviously, the extra pounds aren't responding to my increased activity level or eating smaller meals, so it's time to "kick it up another notch" perhaps, I'll even attempt jogging for a bit!

1 comment:

Charmingdesigns said...

What a wonderful blog. I enjoyed reading it!! I love book art! I'll be back to visit you!! Laurie