Monday, April 27, 2009

Good Evening!

I realize it has been awhile since I last posted. Don and I have been so busy... spending time with family and friends, visiting our dear grand-daughter, enjoying this gorgeous weather while Spring cleaning the yard and our rear deck. I believe every spare moment I'm doing one of the above or sleeping, I've been busy creating for the upcoming craft show. What a lot of work! I hope it pays out in the end, LOL!


One of my personal goals this year is to learn more and more about using my Cricut and the DS software. I was so stoked today when I was able to use what little knowledge I have to design the cuts for a 4"x6"x1.5" Hinged Lid Box. I discovered a little tutorial on how to rename layers in DS here: http://susanbluerobot.blogspot.com/2008/01/helping-with-changing-layer-name.html and used this conversion chart:
to convert inches into decimal since that is how the shape properties box is set up in the CDS.

I have one small correction to make to the chipboard structure and the file will be all set and ready for sharing! {Well, as soon as I figure that part out, LOL!}


TFL!

2 comments:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow, great job on the box! I have a cricut and really don't use it! For some reason, the learning curve for me is REALLY big. This came out so nice.

Glue Girl said...

Hey, Cath. I've given you the Kreativ Blogge award. Stop by my blog and follow the instructions posted to pick it up. Your craft show will be successsful - JUST BELIEVE!