Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Several days of rain last week, followed by a partly cloudy, windy day may have
kept us out of the garden for a few days but assisted Mother Nature with doing her part of the job.
Do you see that shadow of a tree in our garden? {Don't worry! It only covers the garden area for approx. an hour in the late afternoon! The majority of the time its really a really sunny spot!} Anyway, that is created by one of many maple trees that we have on our property and I'm so very grateful to say that they are almost done tossing their seedlings everywhere!
I had the most beautiful Mother's Day day! Don helped me clean our neglected home from mid-morning to early afternoon. Then, Amber and Chris took Nancy {his mom} and I out to do some bowling. We were wonderfully surprised by a free Mother's Day dinner! {which I brought most of it home for lunch on Monday as we had company coming for dinner} Early in the evening our friends arrived and we enjoyed a wonderful grilled dinner, each others company, spent some time soaking in the jacuzzi and later, playing cards.
On Monday, I worked for hours raking to remove those "whirly-gigs" and then, spreaded the Garden soil mix out over the garden area that were hoping to rototill up today. I spent a good portion of the early afternoon planting a few plants like my Everbearing Strawberries in my strawberry pot and starting some seeds: Radishes, Carrots, Peas, and some Squash in the seed starter trays. An overnight warning of frost had us scrurrying in the evening to bring all of our plants inside. By Monday evening, I was so hungry and worn out, I feel asleep after eating in front of the TV, and waking before 11 to catch yet another weather report. I stopped to turn back up the heat before retiring to bed and sleeping for another eight hours! It must be all that fresh air, exercise, and sunshine! I feel great! but knowing my own tendencies to burn myself out quickly, I took the day off yesterday to just soak up some sun...



with my bathing suit on....



and just enjoyed the sunshine, the clouds floating softly by...
listening to music on my ipod...


After showering, making dinner, I fell asleep early again... knowing today will be another busy day! We'll be renting a rototiller and tilling up the soil once again. A trip to Richard's Garden for some more plants and hopefully, we'll be all set and ready to plant soon!

No comments: