Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Japanese Gardens @ The Dawes Arboretum ~ Newark, Ohio



Don and I recently visited the Dawes Arboretum in Newark, Ohio, as you can see it was a beautiful summer day! After exploring around in the Visitor's Center we drove the car tour around to another parking area and began to explore a magnificant Japanese Garden! I loved it and would love to incorporate some of these elements into our back yard garden decor. This rock bed mimics the beauty of a beautiful river with the mountains flagging both of its sides, I just love the layout and hearing the crunching gravel underneath my feet! But I can envision this as a pathway, meanandering off, leading you somewhere...


Perhaps, onward around a bend and towards a lovely pond...filled with koi and visiting geese...... where a few small islands and bridges intersect...

and a couple choose to be married on such a wonderful summer day.....
A perfect spot for a wedding....

No comments: