Thursday, January 13, 2005

Awwwh, A Clean Studio!

I spent the majority of last week cleaning and organizing my studio. Things are beginning to take "shape" in there. I put together two new bookcases which now hold a variety of some of the things I love: an old world style suitcase; a treasured trunk; and STAMPS!

My passion with stamps began several years ago, I gradually accumulated more and more of them. Soon I realized storage would become a problem, so I'm now looking into purchasing for unmounted's. I have the acrylic blocks, several bottles of Alene's Tack It Over and Over and am thinking of simply covering an stamped index sheet and running it through my Xyron laminate. Using a 3 hole punch should enable me to store them within a 3 ring binder. In the event that doesn't work, I guess I'll venture into purchasing the EZ Mount system. From the research I've done online, I believe this is the system for me.

2 comments:

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

A friend of mine laminates an index sheet of her stamps and then puts double sided tape on each image and sticks the unmounted to it. Then it goes into a binder, as you mentioned. I know she has unmounted all her mounted stamps somehow to make storage easier.

Cathy said...

Faith,
Thank you for your input. I really do not see why this wouldn't work as I'll be placing a stamped index on heavy weight cardstock inside the laminatated sheet; I've read where others are simply using page protectors, too. Thank your for replying..... :) (gosh, I need to get some smiley's, LOL!}