Thursday, January 06, 2005

What am I up to?

The past several days have been spent taking several hours each day to re-organize all my supplies. I'm happy with the progress I'm making but am often left wondering "where did all these supplies come from?"

I'm positive that having three similar hobbies have compounded the organizing process, so I'm back to setting up stations for each of them. For those who do not know, I first became interested in the Paper Arts through scrapbook some six years ago. A few years later, I ventured into the world of rubber stamping which lead me into accumulating more supplies, rubber stamps, inks, and various other products. After beginning to hoard those wonderful, exciting materials and manufacturer's reaching out to bring even more products into the world, I began creating mixed media collages, assemblages, and yes, even working on a one-time Zine! Something I'd love to do again, even if only for myself.

I feel it was a natural progression that once I accumulated all these paper art supplies, stamps, inks, and embellishments that I venture into the art of creating handmade books and book bindings. It is an ongoing learning adventure for me, but one that I truly enjoy! I love how each hobby has taught me to use new tools, techniques, and tips for using my supplies and how learning to use them in ways they weren't actually intended for assited in making me the artist I am today & the artist I'm still in the process of becoming!

With that note, I'm off to get started on even more re-organizing so that soon I can get back to doing what I love......... Creating more ART!

No comments: