Saturday, January 29, 2005

Instant Gratification..........

Last night's crop party at my LSS was a great time! I socailized with many artistic friends who share in my passion for paper and creating art work. {Hello, ladies.... waving hand frantically in the air! You know who you are......... } I, also, want to take a minute to say, "Thank you!" for all the wonderful contributions to my Tag Book from the donations of charms, fibers, and beads to the compliments each of you bestowed upon me. You ladies make me feel like a queen, LOL! although you all are equally as talented.

I managed to construct my Tag style book consisting of 22 pages. I, also, accomplished designing and decorating 9 truly magnificance pages! I am truly loving this little book and I believe it is well on it's way to becoming one of my most treasured keepsakes! I'm desiring to add more into it as far as the design process goes and am hoping to add in some B&W photographs along with some other various artful treasures, that I consider to be "keepsakes from the heart".

I believe this to be one of the best handmade books that I've created to date. I'm planning to add it to an artist's portfolio that I'm intent upon creating and submitting to a well-known scrapbook product manufacturer. We'll see how that goes......... for now I simply excited re: the process of it all. I'm still in the beginning stages of some amazing ideas that I am hopeful shall become a reality, so possibly there will be more posts re: all that in the future. For now, I'm simply enjoying the moment, trusting the process, and delighted with what I've created.

*edited to add: By the way, I didn't go with the vellum endsheets, however, the vellum will be working its way into the booklet soon. :)

No comments: