Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Back to doing what I love..... Creating Art!

I began creating my Artful Journey Journal today. Used my Logan Mat Cutter to cut the huge sheets of Mi-Tientes down to 5x& size, and checked the placement for the temporary bindings. Since the file folder binders are a bit wide, I chose to use a diamond shaped hand punch. It worked beautifully!

Since, I already had envisioned what my journal would appear to be, I began to work on it. The next several pages I'll upload will provide you with a visual of the pages that I have created for this project. I'm pretty much an "anything goes" type of person who is open to ideas, suggestions, and such but with this project, I simply jumped right in. The background pages are all the Canson Mi-Tientes in Oyster. I used soft pastels and applied them using a cotton ball to add color. There is some light, ghostly style images that I stamped. I started with Memories black ink and heat set it; it wasn't long before I switched to Stewart Superior India Ink as it dries so quickly, it is perfect for watercoloring without smearing, so I decided if I wanted to add more pastels that wouldn't be a problem.

No comments: