Monday, March 21, 2005

A new update....

Chris & I had a great time Sunday! Our road trip took us to Panera Bread where I had a light lunch and a few cups of hazelnut coffee spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. We managed to beat the Sunday church crowd and enjoyed a relaxing lunch, good conversation before heading over to Prism Art Supply where we both purchased some items we've been desiring.

I finally found Faber-Castell Pitt Pens! I purchased a 4 pack of the black, and two 6 packs in colors: Terra and Basic sets. I love the fact that these pens are refillable inexpensively and also contain India Ink making them perfect for watercoloring and sketching. They are extremely lightfast, waterproof, and smudge-proof once dry. I also picked up a few sheets of watercolor papers, a Canson Montval Aquarelle Watercolor block, and a few sheets of some handmade papers with inclusions, perfect for book covers.

Our next stop was into Stampland, where Chris picked up a semi-flat wooden Tic-Tac-Board for an upcoming project she's desiring to make. We spent some time browsing and feasting our eyes on some amazing eye candy in the form of card samples before heading around the corner to Scrapbook ART. In there we found some new CHA releases and both stocked up on some Basic Grey printed papers and the new Monograms. Also a few sets of the MM Chipboard Letters. I found some unique metal rimmed tags with transparencies inside of them. Not quite sure what I will do with them although I'm thinking Staz On inked images would be perfect! We've made plans for the week after next to take yet another road trip this time we'll head north to Medina for some shopping and possibly a good lunch somewhere. I'm sure we'll make plans to get together soon in the studio; maybe while Chris is on Spring Break. We talked about some of our plans for National Scrapbook Day. We'll be attending it locally through our local scrapbook store, discussed some project ideas, etc. I'm hopeful to have a book created to decorate and jazz up; maybe I'll take some stamps and do some stamping... we'll see.

I spoke to my sister in Texas today. We chat online as much as we can; it saves it some long distance calling --- gotta love that! My neice, Melanie, recently read Flat Stanley in her class and it seems she wants to send Flat Stanley to me for some adventures. My sis and I did some brainstorming: I'm planning to create her a handmade scrapbook where I can journal Stanley's advertures while here. It will be a fun project and I'm happy to pitch in and help out with something like this that she'll be able to treasure for years to come. I've a surprise for her up my sleeve........ Stanley will not be traveling back home alone! I'm creating a traveling companion for him and for Melanie to enjoy! This will be a fun project for me, will get me back into the studio working in between the Journal journey RR. I'll upload Stanley's companion after I get her some clothes created.

No comments: