Monday, April 18, 2005

My weekend.........

Chris and I got together Friday evening in the studio. Shortly after she arrived, we made a run to the Mad Scrapper. I needed to purchase a few more Zig Markers in Platinium to be sure I had enough on hand for creating the Whimsical Writing for the journal RR. I found only one and opted for a more darker color in a gray to supplement if needed. While there, Michele stated she'd be getting off work at 8 o'clock as the 3 crop attendees had cancelled; so we invited her over to scrapbook with us. It was her first time over and she really seemed to enjoy herself. I tried to call her yesterday to say, "Thank you for coming" but got her message machine. I'm hoping to find some time to call today. We had a great time, although I didn't get too much accomplished. I did manage to make 9 ATC's for a Wing Things swap. I'm not too excited about them and since the swap isn't due until mid-May, I'm thinking of using them for RAK's and recreating another set.

Saturday, seemed to magically disappear! I visited with Patty and Dakota for a bit. She will be calling me later today and has offered to assist me with the living room remodeling. YIPPIE! Hopefully, I can get it finished soon. Upon returning home I cut and mounted onto cushion a Wordsworth alphabet and two Junque sets. I am not to sure why that sounds so simple, LOL! Cutting out and mounting unmounted stamps onto cushion isn't hard; but it is time consuming! Oh, well, it is well worth the cost!

Sunday, I worked almost all day in the studio. Picking up, putting supplies back away. I got the brainstorm to utilize 6 shelves I have so off to Lowe's Don & I went to buy the wall and shelf supports. Sometime's I wish he wasn't so supportive, LOL! I'm not sure I like them. I think it is just the change made to the wall above my journaling/stamping table and it will take me some time to adjust to it. I did manage to clean out one of my 3 drawer organizers and stocked nothing but adhesives in it. It now has a new home on the shelves above the table.

I cleaned off a free-standing shelf unit; relocated most of the supplies that were on it. Moved the VHS cabinet out to the studio and put it in its place. Inside on the shelves, now is home to some fabric while the doors are being used for CD cases with my unmounted stamps inside. I straightened some more, emptied the trash and vacaumed.

After cleaning the house today, and working on the living room, I'm hopeful to make it back to the studio to organize more. That is IF I've any energy left! I've only left two projects on my table........ on journal for the journal RR which I've a few more additions to make and Melanie's Flat Stanley book. I'm hopeful to get these things postal by the weekend. Wish me luck!

No comments: