Saturday, June 25, 2005

Altered Puzzle Pieces

I've been desiring to create an altered puzzle piece for quite for some time after being inspired by others who have posted their amazing artwork online. I didn't have a large puzzle to work with so I improvised using a smaller {medium- child's puzzle- ages 5 to 8} and assembling it. Next, I broke the completed puzzle into sections and applied Gel Medium to the surface. Once dry, I flipped it over onto the back side of a sheet of printed paper and traced out the outline of it and cut it out. Another layer of Gel Medium applied to the puzzle actually adheres the printed paper to the puzzle. Having the gel medium out already, I decided to take this a bit further and create an inkjet photo transfer technique onto the altered puzzle. I love the way this turned out.... you can see the results below.

No comments: