Saturday, August 20, 2005

Don assisted me with removing the ugly black bars that held the shelving I hated once I put it up last night. The entire wall is sight for sore eyes but it won't be so bad after I get the remaining screw holes joint compounded, sanded and touched up with paint. Thankfully there are only 8 to cover. Not sure what the hell I was thinking putting them up there in the first place! I love that wall......... it was the only wall that doesn't have paper racks, bookcases, or large cabinets hiding it. Awwhhh, but now I have it back and once done I can hang my larger beloved Tina Chaden pics back up there {sigh}. I promise I won't do it again. I'm even rethinking the shelving idea altogether, at least a wall mounted one and may adapt more of a hutch type shelf that would sit on the table itself. We shall see.....

I've not been in the studio yet today........ simply too hot to move! The humidity is ungodly; maybe it'll rain......... preferably in the evening say around 8:30-ish after the sun goes down as to not make matters worse.

I received two beautiful journals from the art idea RR; all I can say is, "I'm impressed!" I spent at least a half hour/45 mins. enjoying and savoring all this eye candy yesterday! Amazing and talented group of women, that is for sure. {If you are participating in this RR and are reading this, pat yourselves on the back! The artwork and communication within this group is outstanding!} I'm excited to add my pages and get them on their merry way soon....

I got to browsing online today for some paper that I no longer have, I found a scrap of it which is what lead me to search for it. Anyways, the paper is Anne Griffin's and on checking her site I discovered the following under the Press, "We are pleased to announce the Grand Opening of the 'Anna Griffin Last Chance' online outlet store! Please visit our 'Where to Buy' page to purchase overstock products at reduced prices!" Is Anna Griffin's line going to be a thing of the past? I've a ton of her stamps, however, I so love her paper. It has that age old classic elegance that really doesn't go out of style and I hate to think about not getting any of it anymore. Does anyone know anything? {I realize that some of the Michael's store still carry some of her line, while some of her stamps, stamp sets, stencils, and punches were clearance out.} I guess I just hate to see them go............. like PSX.....although it is possible some of their designs may resurface yet.

No comments: