Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Out of the Blue...........

Don and I have been discussing the possibility of me returning to the employment world for quite a while recently. Well, tommorow is The Big Day!

I applied at a temporary employment agency today and will be starting work first thing in the morning. I've a feeling 4:30 a.m. is going to roll around mighty quickly..... as I'm so excited I can't sleep! I've been laying in bed since 10 p.m. with my a variety of thoughts running through my head. Is 3 bottles of water going to be enough, do I have appropriate attire, will I be able to perform the job? Do I have an adequate lunch packed?

It is factory work, I will be inspecting packaged boxes of glass bottles for proper adhesive while filled, stacking the boxes which are approx. 14" in height on skids in layers of 10 per skid. I've heard a 2 foot step ladder is provided. Thankfully, as I am only 5'1" tall {or is that short?}

Anyways, the hours are 8 hrs.per day, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Yep, 48 hrs. per week; with mandatory Saturdays. Including travel time to and from the site, my hours will be from 6 a.m. to approx. 4:15-4:30 p.m. {So out of state family and friends, and those near to me, may desire to keep this in mind ;)}

I'm certain it will take some time to adjust to the New-for-me schedule, the work itself, and juggling both work and home responsibilities. The job assignment is possible to last through Christmas, if there continues to be work available.

I am both excited and concerned. It has been 3 1/2 years since I've worked outside of my home based-business and in a factory setting. I wonder if I'll be able to keep up.... I've aged some in those 3 1/2 years and got quite cushy sitting in this office chair at my computer, LOL! I realize I am in for some adjustments, and may just love the sight of the hot tub come about 5:30 p.m. tomorrow! I had Don adjust the tempature up from a cool 98 degrees to hopefully around 102 degrees. A good 20 minute soak {and a 325 mg. tylenol} should take care of any aching not so often used muscles I've forgotten I have!

So keep me in your thoughts while I'm traveling to and from and wish me the best. I have a feeling I may just truly need it. I just wanted to let you know I maybe missing in action for awhile. I'll check in as the opportunity presents itself, continue to update my blog, groups, and email. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Until then................

No comments: