Thursday, August 25, 2005

Well, I like the job. I'm inspecting boxes full of bottles, checking for broken glass, chips on the bottles, and checking the glue on them and the bottom and side seams of the boxes. Any glue on the boxes can get on bottles as they are not completely sealed or encasing the bottles. I create layers of 6 boxes, 10 high, and yes, I need a 2 ft. step ladder to place on the 9th and 10th layers on the skids.

The day seemed to fly by... and my feet were a little sore after standing on the concrete flooring. Huge industrial fans help to keep us cool while working on the line; when a skid isn't so high on the opposite side that you can actually feel it, LOL! Believe me you notice it when the skid is moved. It like, "ahhhhh......"

Don helped get dinner on, placing steak in the crockpot and on low since 9:30 a.m. Whipping up some potatoes and mushroom gravy made for a nice light dinner. My lunch is packed, water bottles for the day ready to go. I've supper dishes to wash up quickly, leftovers to be put away, and figure out what to take out of the freezer for tomorrow.

I took a tylenol upon returning home, and an hour or so nap, so I don't feel too bad at the moment. I'm not to sore at all, however, that is subject to change come Saturday. I managed to check in with two groups, answer a few emails, got a load of laundry in the washer, and plan to soak in the hot tub and relax before heading to bed about 10:30 p.m.

I also received some good news today. I am going to be a grandma! My dd, Amber, age 25 is expecting and the baby should be here April 16th. Please keep her and Chris in thought and prayer, as they miscarriaged back in December. I'm not so certain that either could endure that again. Of course, they say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger........ I think many of us can relate to graduating from the school of hard knocks, not entirely pleasant to experience, but such is life. I'm certain that they would appreciate it.

Today's question of the day for me has been what do I plan to do with the $$ I'm making.... many have suggested that I use it to support my stamping/art habit, which I am certain will be a reward of sorts that I will grace myself with.

The deciding factor for me to return to work was to assist Don and I to pay off a few debts, help with maintainance on the Jeep --- the breaks need replacing soon and of course, it is overdue for a complete tune up.

There are several remodeling projects around the home front that have been put on hold, so hopefully we will be able utilize some of it to have the carport repaired. I'd really like to do this for Don since he gave me the two car heated garage for my studio. The carport is in dire need of a new header, a garage door, and several sheets of OSB board replaced. I doubt that we will be able to get vinyl siding, however, placing sheets of Tyvek will work until we can come up with add'l $$$. I am thinking approx. $600 should take care of it. If not the carport, purchasing the oak laminate wood flooring for the 12 ft. x 16 ft. section of carpeting and subflooring we rip out last winter is an option. We are not too concerned with it, one because it indoors, isn't as pressing as the carport is, and is managable to purchase a box on a monthly basis if needed until done. The good news is even with a grandchild on the way, they don't crawl until at least 5-6 months! {grin} For me, making the $$ is the easiest part, using it for what it needs to be used for is the real challenge. Don and I are both good at budgeting our $$$ so that should be a huge help.

We'll off to finish up so I can soak in the hot tub, relax a bit, and retire early..........I'll write more soon.

No comments: