Monday, August 01, 2005

What a Wild, Wonderful, and Wacky Weekend!

This weekend was filled with wild and wonderful things for Don & I. Some we did together and one event I attended with friends. Our weekend started off Friday evening with a dinner at Perkins where we dined on whitefish prior to going to our local Moose #889 here in Marion. We visited with friends I haven’t seen in a while, listened and danced to a band who I cannot for the life of me remember their name ---- and the possibility of having one too many margaritas on the rocks!


Saturday early afternoon started off a little rough for me, LOL! I awoke to Don having already left for work and a handwritten note from him loving placed beside my computer. He is so in sync with my “morning routine” coffee, cigarette, and computer”. Anyways, reading his hand letter notes always leaves a smile on my face, so full of him, his thoughtfulness, loving, and caring ways. Here is a sampling of those “love letters” I collect… “7/31/05 {yes, he dates them – reminds me of the movie 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler ;)} Morning Baby, Just wanted to tell you how much I love you! Went to pay Phone Bill. Love You!” Repeat Reams {a nickname I lovingly gave him this week after a little annoyance of repeating things to him after he says, “Who, What, Huh?” to which I kindly replied “You talkin’ to me?” It became a personal joke between the two of us, hence the nickname “Repeat Reams”. His P.S. in my letter, “Call me later. Your cell phone has a full charge.”

This is just one of the little things that he does that makes him so adorable! Always thinking of me and taking care of my needs, regardless of how small they seem. He goes out of his way to make my life easier. Now that is so kind and considerate. Saturday, he was aware that I would be attending European’s Paper House of Cards Exhibit along with Christine and Michelle later in the afternoon.

I dragged myself out of bed, immediately taking a Prevacid to calm my churning stomach, coffee to assist me get my act together, some time spent on the computer to ease into my into the day. A slice of toast without butter and a glass of milk help absorb the one too many margarita I drank last night and to re-hydrate my body. A few telephone calls later to both Chris and Michele to final our travel plans, I searched desperately for my ATC’s for trade. Finally, finding them, I get my bath and proceed with getting out of the door. Michele arrived shortly before 4 p.m. and we met up Chris at her job for the Marion division of the Prospect Library before heading down to European Papers.

No comments: