Sunday, September 18, 2005

Chaos..........

Yep, our new puppy and my HECTIC life........

Chaos, aka, Casa del Chaos, is doing great! I couldn't have choosen a better breed of dog to add to our family. He is growing by leaps and bounds and is extremely intelligent for a 4 1/2 - possibly 6 week old puppy. I'm still checking into his actual date of birth...... however, Sheila and I believe his closer to 6 week old and maybe going on 7. She'll pass that info on to me as soon as she obtains it.

It has been a very busy week for me.... the job search, updating resumes, making copies, filing out applications, applying at another Temporary Agency and some online testing. So, if anyone has tried to reach me via Yahoo Messenger and was unable that is why.... I turned it during testing so I wouldn't be interrupted. Cable modem speed was a factor in my testing as they were timed tests. I was offered a Data entry position locally, $7/hr. which required this testing. Little did I know, I needed to be able to type 8,000 kph {keystrokes per hour} to qualify! Anyways, being the good sport that I am, I took the testing without any refreshing; let me just say it has been years since I've taken an Adult Business Office Technology course and actually used those lessons learn .... well, other than for my own business, at my conveinence and speed. I tested at 4,000 kph; not enough to send me out for the assignment. I will be taking more at a later date for some computer software applications, however after the previous experience with the alphanumerical 1 & 2 and numerical 1 & 2 tests, I learned I will refresh myself first prior to actually taking them. My good friend Patty, loaned me her books for a basic collage computer class she recently took so that will come in very handy for me to practice up with.

I didn't manage to get studying, well, reviewing my Temporary Driver's Permit package so I retake my testing there. I passed it once last summer, unfortunately my temp permit expired before I took the actual driver's exam. So add that to the list of important things to do!

I am also planning to visit our local collage for an application for fianancial assistance so it will be out of my way should I decide to go back to collage. I think it is a shame I was allowed to successfully complete 141 credit hours and do not have an actual Associate's Degree, even if for General or Applied Science. I wasn't too happy with the College Dean's reponse to this, but what do you do? I was offer to either test out of some of the course I've taken or repeat them. I am considering brushing up and trying to test out of some of them if needed once I make the decision of the field I desire to go back into. Time and $$$ will be a huge factor for me in that decision.

Okay, enough serious talk.. let's discuss something fun and artful...........

No comments: