Saturday, September 10, 2005

Was it really only a 2 day work week?

I'm not certain how many ways one could say "tired" but the last two days of working really kicked this girls butt! We are doing re-work, meaning skids of cases of bottles in corragated six pack boxes are being transferred into new cases. Sounds easy enough...... until you actually do about 8-10 skids per day, LOL! My right hand is a little swollen from grabbing two cases of the skid at a time. And a vent! I really dislike LAZY co-workers... where do they find some of these people? I had one right next to me who screwed off a good portion of the day which in turn meant "guess who" got to pick up his slack! URghhhh.....

Anyways, yesterday was payday! I was shorted some $$$ for transportation cost; hopefully it will be on next week check --- which I'm certain it will as I did a little bitching about it. You'd think I wouldn't have HAD TO say a word, ya know? I cannot get over some people who take advantage of another's generosity, sad but true, yeh? Anyways, enough rambling, venting, and bitchin'...

After cashing my paycheck on Friday, I returned home to discover Keith Smith's book waiting for me! Talk about quick......... and eye candy! The illustrations are in black & white; although it only takes a bookbinder's imagination to see it in a beautiful decorative paper and colored waxed linen and dyed linen thread cords. I believe my favorite binding is the Caterpillar ---- one I'll definately have to try sometime. I'll definately be ordering more of Keith's books.... as $$$ allows.

I did manage to place an online order for something on my long awaited wishlist! I'll post a link and pics in a sec...... until then...........

No comments: