Saturday, September 10, 2005

New Purchases



These are my newest purchases from Talas. I've had this awl and awl guide on my wishlist for quite some time. Today, I decided that I DESERVE to purchase some new bookbinding supplies. I'm certain that the guide will certainly come in handy for punching holes in signatures as I prepare my handmade books for binding. I also could not resist these Spanish Marbled papers! Aren't they simply divine? I order the 205 or the 208; possibly both? I'm dying to get creating once again.......

This past week, I RAK'd two of my handmade and double needle coptic bound books. I am still awaiting the replies of the recipients to get some feedback regarding my books. I know I certainly was excited to receive one in the mail when Anne sent mine! {Thanks again, Anne} I'm planning to create more of them to RAK to a very active group that I am a member of; time and $$$ to send them definately plays a factor, but these ladies friendships are well worth the expense.

Also, I've several ideas in mind for a few new books. One style that I'm dying to create is a Dos-a-Doo Coptic. I'm thinking I'd like to decorate this one prior to binding --- complete with backgrounds, image and text! I'm thinking this book structure deserves a combination of watercolor pages, sketch page {smooth surface for journaling}, and a sheet of vellum as an overlay which also can be stamped upon for my signatures. I am thrilled that my I finally seem to be thinking of pulling all the knowledge I have for backgrounds, stamping, and paper art techniques and incorporating them into my bookbinding. I finally am feeling like my artwork is coming full circle! {smiles}

No comments: