Monday, October 24, 2005

How Time Flies.......

It's hard for me to believe it has been a while since I last updated my blog. The past week has flown by, working in Delaware and the commute to work definately took it toll on all of us as I've been so sore I could hardly move, doing no more than what was absolutely necessary. Light housework, laundry, cooking dinner and cleaning up afterwards, and preparing my lunch for the next work day compromised most of my week. I wasn't even checking my emails with one exception, a call from my sis to view a pic she'd emailed to me.

This past weekend, I was forced to make a decision not to continue making the trip to work due the fact that Don isn't doing as well. Having been born with CP {cerebral palsy} which mainly effects his lower body, he is now falling more and more. He has an appointment on Nov. 10th in New Albany with Orthopedic Surgeons to discuss and begin the testing process for a full left knee replacement. Our family doctor recommended them saying the procedure itself will take a few hours, follow up care will consist of a 3 day hospital stay, and upon his return home, physical therapy.

On Saturday, Don fell in our living room just narrowly missing putting his head through the living room window by taking quite a hit to his head on the window sill. It worries me to be working in Delaware, car pooling back and forth, and even though I've been offered a ride to pick me up and bring me back home in the event of emergency, I choose to decline the offer. Me being here is a necessity.... so for now, the employment situation is back on hold which could be a good thing as both of us would prefer I find something locally, maybe even after the procedure has been performed.

Chaos is growing by leaps and bounds! On his second visit to the vets, he now weighs between 21 and 24 lbs. and is approximately 12 - 14" in height. If you've never tried to weigh an 11 week old puppy or measure their height, trust me it can be quite the experience, LOL! He is house broken, although we still experience an occasional accident --- just like a small child, he gets distracted playing and waits a little too long to tell you he needs out NOW! He can sit, beg {sits up}, lay down, and fetch on command; still has his puppy antics, grabbing my throw for himself to lie upon vs. getting his own blanket, the occassional grabbing a shoe or piece of paper to shred. Saturday evening Don and I took a trip to Pet Smart for purchasing some new toys and a 20 lb. bag of Science Diet Puppy formula. What a difference brands of foods make! His coat is soft and subtle, shining in the light.

On Sunday, we took Chaos for a ride in the truck to visit with Dennis, Sheila, and Shadow {Chaos' father}. Chaos liked to drive his dad nuts, wanting to play, jump and romp with his older canine companion. Over time he settled down.... We spent some time romping and running through the yard when Chaos noticed the cows in the neighboring fields as they bellowed. He became perfectly intent upon watching and sat quietly for 15 minutes or so before returning to his squiggly, bouncing, running and romping little puppy self. Upon returning home, the little guy was too tired to get too mischeivious, LOL! For the first time, he chose to sleep on the living room floor vs. seeking the sanctuary of his crate for sleeping.

I am planning to get my housework caught back up, begin once again on the studio re-organizing, and hopefully do some creating! I miss creating art!

A co-worker visited with me on Thursday evening and after a tour of our home and my studio, we spent a fair amount of time viewing my scrapbooks, handmade mixed media artwork, and handbound books. Cathy was entranced, telling me how she loves my studio, that I have talent, and how she'd love to learn to do something of this nature. Her mother is also into creating arts and crafts and had sent Cathy over with a beautiful bowl filled with potpourri, a string of Christmas lights, and a doily topper as a gift for me. {Thank you both, it is gorgeous! and I am enjoying its soft light at night}. Maybe we can get together soon for a day of crafting and creating; I know I'd enjoy that!

I am working on finishing one swap for the OFP group's set of January tags; hopeful to be mailing them out by the week's end. I also signed up for a smaller swap within another group, titled, "Hometown Ghosts or Mysteries" a mini-book swap where a small group of us will create a 2 3/4" W x 3 1/2" H pages for the books to be bound. The books will be bound on the top, the 2 3/4" W side, be double sided, with artwork on the front and the story on the reverse double side. I also should be receiving 2 art idea journals for the RR as it continues. Some more artwork from the ByHand Participants can be seen at: http://www.quietfiredesign.com/byhandoctober2005.htm

My dd, Amber, is doing better as the baby continues to grow. Unfortunately, she's contacted a cold so I haven't seen much of her this week. Hopefully, we can visit and catch up with one another soon as she improves.

Well, I'm off to read my email, get caught up with a few group messages before my housework beckons me....... I hope everyone's day is a joyous one!

No comments: