Saturday, October 08, 2005

New things on the horizon.........

Unfortunately, I woke up with a sore throat this a.m. After gargling with some warm salt-water, I decided I'd better kick this cold/virus/flu whatever it is to the curb and got on the phone to my Dr.'s office. My Dr. is out of town however the Dr. covering called me in a prescription for Zithromax! which I took immediately upon pickin' up. At first, I thought, "oh, it's simply a cold due to the drastic change in the weather" but quickly decided I needed to do something as there are so many things going around from strept throat to the pneumonia. I've had some chills so I sure an antibiotic was on the horizon........

Being my weekend off and not desiring to miss any work, I'm simply taking it easy today. Resting up, drinking lots of water....... if only Chaos hadn't decided to take my velour throw, I'd still be covered up with it. He believes it is his......... and is now sleeping peacefully at my feet laying on top of it.

After checking my emails, I browsed through Two Peas In A Bucket Layout Gallery for Baby Album ideas, sat and made some sketches of things I liked, poems and quotes used. I'm desiring to create an scrapbook album for Amber and Chris and am thinking I'd like to have it finished by April so I can give it to her at her baby shower which I am planning to host here. I'm looking for shower favors and invitation styles to recreate myself as well. I think I'm going to simply use all pastel shades of Bazill colors --at least some of the more vibrant ones-- pink, blue, green, yellow and purple with a celestial theme --- half moons and folk art shaped stars. I'm working on a list of things to include and may even bind the pages into a book I make vs. purchasing an album. I definately have time to plan for it and will not actually begin working on it until after the holidays are over.

I spent some time reading Keith Smith's book last night. It is simply amazing and includes a variety of sewn binding styles for book arts. Having picked up my new "bi-focals" certainly make reading a lot easier without any eyestrain or headaches. After reading a bit, I decided to color in the images on the Month Tag Swap. I believe I've previously mentioned this.... Any ole' how......... Don is working today so I am planning on doing some cooking. I've chicken breast defrosting to parboil to make some Chicken and Noodles in an alfredo sauce and since it is chilly here today I've decide to bake a cake for dessert. Neither will take too long to do, allowing me plenty of time for some well-deserved R&R.

I'm hopeful that I'll be feeling better tomorrow as I'd like to get out for an Autumn drive with possibly a trip to Stampland or Scrapbook Art. I won't have a lot of $$$ to spend as our Jeep decided to break down......... it appears that we need a new transfer case for it. We're hopeful to be able to find one used vs. having to buy one. It is always something however, I am thankful that I've been working so we have some $$ to offset all these things without breaking the bank. Why is it that every time you think you are finally getting ahead of the game a little bit, you get knocked back three spaces? Such is life, I guess.....

No comments: