Friday, October 07, 2005

What a busy week!

I finally managed to get in a full 40 hr. work week at this job assignment! I was extremely busy and believe that this week was a record breaker for the company as far as the production that was put out.

I'm hopeful that Chaos will adjust his schedule. He quickly adjusted to my schedule; crashing out early in the evening and waking me up around 4 a.m. GRRR.... I certainly miss that extra 25 minutes of sleep time. Hopefully, Don and I can keep him awake longer this evening........ he is awake now after a half hour "power nap". I am so proud of him... he is doing great with the potty training -- now going to the door and barking or whining. He is still in the chewing stage and his newest thing is learning to jump; it has been a challenge to get him broke from these two things. Luckily for us he isn't chewing clothing, shoes, furniture....... he prefers us, LOL! And darn are those little puppy teeth sharp. The adventure of having a new puppy continues....

Don has been a god-send to me lately. He's been taking care of both Chaos and the house while I've been working so there has been little I've had to keep up with except the occasional home cooked meal. I must be doing something right because today, I arrived home from work to discover a beautiful Autumn floral arrangement in an orange metal wagon style flower cart. The color scheme is autumn browns oranges, and yellows, with a touch of greenery. There are gorgeous roses, zinnas, and mums, and the smell is heavenly! The signed card,
reads "Thank you for all that you are doing for the both of us. I just wanted to say that I love you! Don" Isn't that just the sweetest?

I found some time this evening while Chaos power napped to color in a stamped image on all 12 of the Monthly Tags I created for on online swap. I discovered I was shorted approx. 6" of dyed hemp fiber, so I'll need to pick that up to complete one last tag. All that is left to complete is to add one more 3D embellisment and a co-ordinating accent ribbon to the tag for a more finished appearance. I do have one additional technique idea that I am tossing around just to provide my January tag with a more "frosty" appearance...... we shall see where that leads me. The good news is that I can experiment on some scraps from the tag before I actually try it on the tag themselves and I've plenty of time to do something else to them before I'll need to get them postal. I can say that they've inspired me to think "winter" in the creation of some artwork, especially some winter themed ATC's!

Need to run....... Don will be home from work soon, we'll be running to the Moose to register for the Friday night drawing and Saturday's Monthly drawing before heading on over to pick up a pizza for dinner from Tubby's. Yummm..... and best of it is inexpensive and easy! A hot bath and some warm pj's will be awaiting my return........ the perfect ending to a busy week. {smiles}

No comments: