Sunday, October 02, 2005

Whoo-Hooo!

Well, we didn't make it to Michael's; however everything worked out well. Don & I went out for breakfast at Perkins. Upon finishing, we made our trip to Lowes and made all the purchases we needed there --- mostly boring stuff, caulk for window, 4 mil plastic for two of living room windows to cut down on a draft in winter; a new mop and broom, and I finally purchased the LR curtains that I've desired since painting the LR this past spring.

We made a stop at a local SB store, I was in search of a large quantity of silver eyelets as I needed 48 of them for the Monthly Tag Swap alone. The SB didn't have any, so I priced some white ones..... not as nice and in such a small quantity that I'd have spent a small fortune getting them. So, we talked about returning home and taking a ride to Michael's when I decided to check out JoAnn's Fabrics. I'm happy I did...... I found my eyelets, the 3D embellishment I desired, picked up some blue fabric with metallic silver sprinkled in it, and a roll of very thin width silver ribbon. As Don worked outside caulking the windows in preparation of covering them at a later date, I got all the layers, tags, and eyelets set and even managed to come up with some additional inspiration and got two of those completed on all 12 tags. So, my tags are near completion...... I still want to color in the stamped image, and need to add fabric, ribbon, or fiber to the tag. The good news is I can rest for a bit, work on them as the mood emerges!

Well, just out of the bathtub, in my clean jammies, checked my email, and am ready to go sit on the couch with a cup of Joe and unwind a bit. Will be hitting the sack come about 10:30..... to get up early for work tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to it!

No comments: