Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wouldn't ya know it......

Instead of cleaning and re-organizing, I'd make an even bigger mess! Desiring to work on the new art journal, I made a trip out to the studio and came carrying back in a paper organizer, two boxes filled with stamps, inks, and who knows what else. So now, the mess is back into the house. LOL!

I can see right now that I really need to simply establish a bookbinding area --- to be used for BOOKBINDING ONLY! Just the supplies needed to cover the book covers, binding supplies such as my rulers, awls, clips, wax linen thread, needles, ect. I definately will be needing to make the trek out to the studio for any other artwork, designing pages, embellishing, painting, and whatever else my little heart desires. This simply isn't going to work! I spend more time going out to the studio, gathering up supplies, placing them in a box, carrying them into the house, and creating than I would if I'd simply finish up the re-organizing there! So what is it that is assisting with me forming this bad behavior? One word: CHAOS!

{No, not chaos in the studio, nor the living room,} but our puppy, Chaos! I cannot seem to bring myself to leave him... he's too young to leave alone with free roam of the house while I'm out in the studio and I feel so guilty leaving him crated up for a few hours out of the day. The weather is changing, so maybe today, I can chain him outside where he can romp and play for a bit while I do some much needed organizing. While out in the studio, I came across some of the piles of papers, stickers, etc. and for the life of me couldn't make out what I'd intended for the madness of supplies, LOL! So, I gave up......... began looking for my Tim Holtz alcohol inks, which were no where to be found. I searched the house, in every conceivable container, to no avail. So, the search for them continues, this time by process of elimination as I begin to put supplies back away!

Yesterday, was a great day! I treated myself to a much needed haircut, highlighting, and style!
Sadie did a wonderful job on my head of thinning hair and was just as sweet as she could be! The new salon she is working in is decorated in a Country French decor that I loved and I was equally impressed when I saw the same Tina Chaden art prints adorning the walls. I instantly felt "at home". Since, I was gone most of the day, Don and I drove over to Fork & Finger's, a Mex-American bristo in Mansfield for dinner and a margarita! If I haven't mentioned their margarita's before, I am now! They are out of this world! I limited myself to only one as I made a stop at Old Navy in search of another new pair of jeans. I'm loving their boycut jeans, low ridin' hip huggers now that I've lost 10 lbs., LOL! I guess working does have it's advantages other than a paycheck and having one's own $$$ in your pocket! I also purchased a new sweatshirt for me, a thermal long sleeve and a dress shirt for Don, and a maternity top for Amber. Not too bad on the old pocket either for all that I got; gotta love that!

Today's agenda is filled with laundry, light housework, posssibly a walk for the pup --- gotta keep him happy! Don is off work today so maybe a short ride out to the quarry where Chaos hasn't been. Visiting the quarry would also provide me an opportunity to capture some autumn pics before the trees lose all their leaves. Well, I'm off.......... gotta get started! Why is that the hardest part sometimes?......

No comments: