Sunday, October 30, 2005

Where does the time go?

Do you ever feel like sometimes you are simply wasting precious time? Where does the time slip away to? Lately this has been on my mind. It seems that somehow I manage to take one step forward only to get knocked back 3 spaces; leaving me to wonder what in the world is going on and how do I keep managing to end up walking in a never ending circle?

After all my futile efforts to establish a small bookbinding area up in my living room, my plans quickly came to a screaking halt yesterday when Amber and Chris needed my small kitchen table for a new apartment they will be moving into soon. Poof! My bookbinding table is gone, in its place, is nothing but empty space! Also gone, is the TV tray that I used while sitting in front of the TV. The tray allowed me a small area to create book covers and often sew my handmade creations.

Gone, Vanished, Disappearing.... my hopes, my dreams, my creations.....
Ok, everything except the mess left in its wake ......... all my efforts to organize and the supplies which now will need to boxed back up and taken back out to the unorganized studio and re-organized! Ugh! I'm dreading that........ where will I find the time to do it all?

I've been working on this area for a few weeks now, trying to make the small space work in my favor rather than against me, a few hours here and there as time allowed after I returned home from work. Mind you, my 8 hour shifts means 11 hour days when you figure in the time to get ready for work, packing a lunch, and the commute to get to and from work.
Oh, and yes, I'm working once again........ same job, same hours, the same ole' ..... well, I'm certain you can figure that one out. I received notice that I could return after my attempts to find work locally failed. I'd loved to have been able to have saved some of the headaches and hassles, but I guess that wasn't in the plans for me.

Someone remind me not to try this again, please. After all, I have a studio and shouldn't I have simply re-organized it to begin with? I certainly could have saved myself some valuable time, not to mention all my hard work. I'm also certain, I may have been able to crank out a book or two... Now, I'll begin taking a few hours here and there to move everything back to the studio, re-organize the total mess I've created, including the one I so feverish tried to escape, right up there with the job! LOL!

No comments: