Sunday, January 08, 2006

2006 & New Beginnings

It's been quite some time since I've last updated my blog as my life has certainly been coming at me fast. If 2006 has a theme, I'd certainly have to say that theme is "change."

Don continues to heal from his total knee replacement done on December the 14th and is doing well with the physical therapy and activities of daily living. My new 3rd shift job began on Dec. 20th, has provided me with quite a bit of an adjustment; a part-time position with full-time hours as I worked through to the new year. Now, my hours are lessing. If fact, so much that I originally had zero hours with the schedule change for this week, to being on call and now have worked 8 hrs. last night, being called in for tonight, and a co-worker offering me another 8 hr. shift. There is also the possibility of taking another position, this one full-time days as a friend telephone called me after a co-worker just quit and a position became open there. I am seriously considering applying for tomorrow. My current job with Kroger's is willing to work with me on a part-time schedule, so it is possible that I may work both for a while as we try to catch up with all the soon-to-be received medical bill, repairs for some recent computer problems, as well a major repair with our Jeep that has finally been successfully resolved 12 transfer casings later. One thing that I can say is that I've learned a lot about expecting the unexpected when you least expect it!

Chaos continues to grow by leaps and bounds. As of yesterday, he is now a 5 month old with too much energy all in one place. He is developing his own personality along with some stubborness and headstrong ways. Unfortunately, I've little time to work further with his training and obedience --- something I'm hopeful to rectify shortly.

Artistically, I've little to say that I've been creative although I have managed to carve small blocks of time to play. In December, I created some Basic Grey Ornamental balls as ornaments from a kit, managed to play with some glossy cardstock, Tim Holtz alcohol inks, and create a beautiful pop up card and some backgrounds for additional artwork. A few days ago, , I took advantage of a day off which provided me with some much needed "me time" to create a new coptic stictch book which I titled, "Always Remeber to Bloom". I'm hopeful to be able to share its creation soon as I find time to reinstall the scanner back into the revamped computer system. I used my Awl guide and new awl for the first time and cannot even begin to explain how easy it is to use! After my first time of using it, I certainly wondered how I ever got along without it! I'll definately will be ordering more bookbinding tools from Talas as my fianances allow. My dream purchase is a book press, however, really says, "keep dreaming" --- guess I'll be content with my two pieces of wood and "C" clamps for a while longer, LOL!

I did manage to make it out into the studio in the early a.m. on a few of my days off. I've started working once again on the re-organizing. I boxed up some supplies, cleared off both bookcases of rubberstamps to dust and re-organize once again as time allows, even if it will be in increments of time stolen from here and there. I've outgrown my stamp cabinet for storing my wood mounted stamps, so I'm faced with the decision to either add more acrylic trays or utilize the bookcases. I'm leaning more towards the latter allowing me to make the best use of what I already own vs. purchasing anything else. I've definately come to the conclusion that some of the wood stamps I've outgrown need a new home somewhere else and that I really need to be more selective of those that I will purchase mounted vs. unmounted. I'm hopeful to be purchasing more unmounted than mounted images in the future.

My dd, Amber is doing great with the pregnancy. She is now 5 months along and is off the modified bedrest she was placed on earlier in the pregnancy. Her and Chris are in the process of moving back in with Chris's parents once again. Unfortunately, finances were a major part of their decision to make this move; although I as her mom am a little relieved as she'll be able to focus more on the planning for my grandchild's future arrival.

Well, there you have it --- our lives in a nutshell! Chaotic, commotion, and filled with changes and new beginnings!

No comments: