Saturday, December 10, 2005

Good Monday Morning.......

I am feeling so much better today after a good night's restful sleep. Don and I accomplished so much yesterday, I'm truly amazed. The refrigerator has been cleaned out, garbage ready to be taken out to the curb, groceries bought and re-stocked, and all last minute items we required have been purchased.

Today's agenda consists of a much slower pace, a load or two of laundry, some light housework, and two small suitcases to be packed. A brief rundown through our checklist to be certain nothings been overlooked and a few errands to run --- that I am all for Don doing, hehehehe.

My nerves are calming down, thankfully, and I am in a much better frame of mind. I am shocked at how I've reacted to this upcoming surgery..... normally, I'm the dependable one, keeping it all together amist the confusion, the one who falls apart after the crisis is over. Not this time... however, when I reflect back upon it all, even I wonder how I managed to accomplish it all!

I'm not too surprised at my reaction when I consider how long I worked, all the shopping for the Thanksgiving holiday, attending two dinners, going back to work, and lots of running and scrambling to get Christmas out of the way and this surgery scheduled in. I'm truly impressed actually that I can say I did it! Not that I've any plans to anything remotely similar in the next several weeks, LOL! I've decided it nearing the time for me to relax, to slow down, to hibernate in the midst of winter. To enjoy the day to day pleasures, I so missed out on while I worked so hard. It is time to "restoreth my soul".

I believe I truly need and deserve this time to decide what it is I honestly desire to do with my life, to re-assess what is working for me and what isn't and make the necessary changes I need to make. One of the items on that list is to find work locally. The track to Delaware 5 days a week is simply becoming too much for so little benefits, yet I'll continue to do it after the New Year until something better comes alongs. I'm opening up myself to my options, looking at what is offered locally in the education department --- possibly considering going back to school. There is definately a lot to consider, but the good news is I don't have to be in a major rush to do it!

I did talk with a local store manager yesterday and during the conversation employment opportunities came up so I did an online application for a local position. This is one option that I am planning to follow up on further. I definately need some sort of income coming in while Don recovers and it seems flexible enough to be accomplished. At least the employment situation is looking a little more promising.......... and can be furthered explored to work in my favor vs. the struggle it has been. I truly believe one must do what they love and should do whatever it is takes for them to achieve that, so maybe this is a stepping-stone to getting me to where I desire to be. There is certainly a lot of possibilities........ and the choice is mine.

Anyways, I'm off to begin my day..... at a much more relaxed pace. I'll try to update something later today; until then, "Have a beautiful day!"

No comments: