Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Achieving some personal goals.......

Lately I've been in a retrospective, reflective mood. Perhaps, it caused from all the sudden and recent changes within my life, or possibly the fact that I'm both a dreamer and a sentimentalist. Either way, I believe it helps to keep me focused on what is truly important in my life.

I previously mentioned my intention of working one hour a day on my studio re-organization; which I fully intent to begin today! After a few brief household chores are accomplished and completed, possibly inbetween the task of doing some laundry. To assist me achieve that goal, I'm planning a crock-pot meal to cut down on some time spent cooking. Not certain what it will be yet, but I'm certain I can come up with something!

Another goal that I desired to start, and did manage to get only one completed, was to create a Coptic Stitch books for some active members within a group that has supported me and my creative endeavors for a few years now. However, life has a way of getting in my way, and there has been many obstacles I've had to overcome, like my returning to work, which forced me to put this on the back burner for quite some time. So, within the last few days, this has been on my mind, so after thinking it over, I decided that maybe making the idea into a swap would assist me with completing the desired project, so I proposed the idea to the group and am anxiously awaiting a response. This is very important to me, because a lot of the members of this groups are precious online friends, whom I feel I am often neglectful with, without intentionally meaning to be that way. They're wonderful about sending out a Random Act of Kindness, A thoughtful card, and yes, an occasional email. Their lives are as busy as mine so I thought a swap would be the perfect solution to part of my desired accomplishment. I'm hopeful I'll hear from them soon....... and they'll assist me with meeting one of my personal goals to become more of an active member, participate more, and yes! even host my first swap within the group!

*Crossing my fingers!* as I love the ideas I've had for it..... more info to be shared soon. And in the event that the idea fails........ maybe I can offer it here on my blog for any blog readers to participate in.

I'm still participating in the Art Idea Journal which hit a stall back in September and most members are hopeful of completing in 2006. I have the "Music of the heART" swap to begin creating, and have proposed this swap, as the hostess and the book cover and bookbinder, so I don't think I'll bite off any more to chew on for a while....... unless it is a 1 on 1 ATC Swap! *smile*

No comments: