Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I've been INVITED..........

to return to Scrap-N-Stamp Ink in Mansfield, OH as a monthly Featured Artist! My dear friend, Becky, recently invited me to put my artwork back on display in her mother-in-laws store. http://www.scrapnstampink.com/ which recently moved to a new location, located at:
1502 W. 4th Street(at 4th & Brookwood) in Mansfield, Ohio.
Their telephone number is: (419)529-4491
and their New Hours are: Closed Sundays, Monday's 10 a.m. -5 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 12 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Although, we've not established "an official date" for this event yet. I'd like to do it before Becky relocates.


You see, I recently received this personal email from Rebecca:



Dear Friends,
Nearly four years ago, an amazing chain of events began to unfold that would forever alter my life: my mother-in-law Peggy and I began planning our business partnership as co-owners of Scrap N Stamp Ink.

With intense contemplation my husband and I now prepare for a new chapter in our lives. With Michael’s job taking us to Atlanta, Peggy is taking over full ownership of the store (Up until our move, you will still find me playing and teaching at the store). For those of you who have come to know me over the years, I feel it is appropriate to provide a little more information...

The initial move from Denver to Mansfield in 2002 involved significant changes for our entire family. I resigned from my job as office manager of a global human resources and career consulting firm. My husband, Michael, negotiated an arrangement to telecommute from home so I could open the store with Peggy. I thank him first and foremost, for Michael has provided steadfast support and encouragement in our endeavors. I would also like to thank my kids, all of whom exhibited tremendous resilience and open-mindedness when we uprooted them from familiar routines and childhood friendships at the threshold of their most valued high school years.

Many of you have witnessed the relationship between Peggy and I evolve since the opening of the store. I often say there is no other person I would prefer to be a business partner with. I have discovered a part of my self that could not have been found without her. Peggy, in the audience of my friends, I thank you for believing in my strengths, for encouraging me, for helping to open my Self up to creativity. I value the impact you have had on me, throughout the laughter, the tears and everything in-between. You are more than my husband’s mother: you are my teacher, my friend, and I love you dearly. It has been stabilizing to finally settle in near family long enough for me to get to know each of them, bonding and finding strength that only family ties can offer. I must also publically thank my parents and sisters in the Pacific Northwest, who have offered prayers and support throughout the store's existence.

Thousands have walked through the doors of the store over the past few years. I am forever grateful for each of you who have supported our business. I have a special gratitude for those of you who have opened up their hearts to let me into their lives, and for those who have found a special place in my heart.

Some of you I may have only seen once or twice, and I trust that our encounters have been pleasant and that your experiences at the store have been happy and instrumental in both the practical and personal aspects of your paper arts hobby.

One of the unique facets of a store like ours that it’s a feel-good’ store, and it works both ways: Whether you’ve brought in a project that we’ve shared with others, or you’ve taken a class, our store may be financially supported through product purchases, but it is through our relationships that we find our truest success.

There are numerous friends and acquaintances I have come to know through unique relationships in which we have found a common bond. Sometimes through tears, but usually through laughter, you know who you are: The ones from whom I solicit advice…the ones who know I need advising when I don’t ask for it! The ones with whom I can be my silliest Self…the ones who hold up the walls and sign for packages…the ones who need a listening ear, and the ones who listen to my rambles. Thank you, for the store could not survive without your unfailing support.

There will not be an absolute farewell to my participation in the store, as I will be covering for Peggy occasionally, designing samples and projects, teaching a class here and there, and most importantly, I will be over there playing and creating and shopping for my home studio! Most immediately I am taking a little bit of time to recover from the physical demands of moving the store, and then will begin job hunting to help with the financial demands of three college-bound kids and preparing for our move. Even after we are settled in Atlanta, I hope to keep my product and technique knowledge up-to-date and have time to formulate exciting classes to bring back to Mansfield!

Thank you, again, for the pleasures of your acquaintances! I will give another update once we are settled in Georgia, so just ask Peggy if you want to know how things are going for me. The other possibility is that Michael and I will buy a sailboat and ride off into the sunset!

Wishing you happiness, health, prosperity and wisdom in the coming year,
Rebecca
I cannot even begin to tell you the heartache I felt when I originally stopped by the store, prior to this email, and Becky talked about her and Michael's plan for relocation to Atlanta.
You see, Rebecca and I instantly, looked into one another eyes and seemed to connect with each one another's souls. The bond that was created in that moment in time is like no other bond I've ever experienced. We immediately were able to share our intermost thoughts, feelings, and secrets with each other and inspired one another creatively like no one person has ever inspired me before.
I am truly happy for the the opportunity to have met, discovered, and come to know her, not only as an amazing wife, mother, daughter-in-law, and friend; but as one talented and amazing artist!
I wish her and Michael the best as they embark upon a new chapter in their lives and those of their children. I'm hopeful we will have some time to spend together before she moves, for certainly no-one ever before has reached for my hand and touched my heart in the manner that Becky did.
Mon Ami, my dearest friend, please stay in touch, feel free to call me at 2 a.m., and always know I'll be here for you whenever you need me. I'm hopeful that maybe one day, Don & I can come visit with you & yours in Atlanta, and always know our door is always open should you ever need a place to stay when you come to re-visit.
I hope we'll both promise to stay in touch and keep that promise. Possibly send some hand-written letters, I know we'd both treasure forever, and swap some artwork as time allows. Always know you'll always be in my thoughts and prayers, and may God Bless and Keep you and yours. I love you, my friend......... you'll always have a home in my heart!

No comments: