Thursday, January 19, 2006

Why yes! I have lost my mind.........

Yesterday absolutely flew by as I'd worked Tuesday at midnight until 8 a.m. Wednesday. I arrived home after stopping for breakfast, and couldn't keep my eyes open, so off to bed I went. I awoke sometime around 2:30 p.m., checked my email, and posted a very lengthy reply re: the Fat, Chunky Book swap complete with instructions. It was a very difficult thing to do as I was interrupted by Chaos several times, needing to be taken out to potty, simply desiring to play, and annoy me in the process! It wasn't until I hit the "send" button that I realized I should have copied the info, and how was I right. My post timed out! Urgghhh, back to square one. This time in Word, so I save often, LOL! Then, I did the copy/paste and got the message posted.

I had Don order a pizza from Tubby's; which he had to venture out into the cold, freezing night air to pick up. Shame on me, but I was simply exhausted. Believing I had to work, back to bed I went at 7 p.m., sleeping until 10 p.m. which by now, you'd think I'd know isn't always the greatest idea as I didn't want to get back up. Out of my nice warm bed, into the chill in the air, are you nuts? Anyways, off I went, gathering up my clothes, jumping in the tub, blow drying my hair, putting on my make-up, and proceeded to get dressed. Deciding I'd take a cup a coffee with me, I walked past the refrigerator and just happened to look at my schedule ---- imagine my surprise when I read, "Wednesday/Thursday OFF!"

I told Don I'd wasted my evening! Sleeping........ of all things. Thinking I'd never get to sleep again, we headed out to WalMart for a quick pick up of a few necessities and an issue of Scrapbook Answers magazine. I'd been reading about it, hearing its name, but I'd never picked one up before --- heck, I think this is the first time I'd ever seen it!

Upon braving the cold night air, we returned home where I made some hot fudge brownie sundaes --- I know, I'm the only nut who craves ice cream when it seems below zero! Cranked the heat up, grabbed my comforter to cover up with, and another cup of coffee with cinnamon and vanilla creamer and settled in to read. I think I made it to page 8 before feeling like I couldn't hold my eyes open, so at 2:30 a.m. I crawled back into bed to sleep until 7:30 a.m. this morning.

I still don't know how I missed overlooking the fact that I had last night off work! Working 3rd shift is crazy anyways, your nights and days get extremely mixed up, you have to look at the computer screen for the date, and to determine what day it is....... then, turn around and second guess yourself, LOL! Is it really? Is that right? What a life!!!! or is that "lack of one?"

Anyways, today's game plan, one hour in the studio re-organizing. Some housecleaning, determing what's for supper, more sleep this evening, because YES, I'm on the schedule. I'm sure of it! Because this Friday/Sat a.m. is my night off and I have a date! One that will take me out of the house, around people who I don't live with and work with.......... ahhh, LIFE!

No comments: