Thursday, January 19, 2006

Just another update........

Don pitched in to help me out with the household cleaning today. He's feeling so much better, although suffers with pain from the total knee replacement when he tries to do too much. Today, he helped wash up a load of laundry, wash my white coat for tomorrow evening's adventures, and ran the sweeper in both the living room and our bedroom. Running the sweeper is one chore, I wished he'd give up as I don't think it is too beneficial for him to be doing in less than 5 weeks after his surgery ---- but try to tell him that.

Today, he's out of pain medication and is trying Ibephrofen {sp.? don't feel like running after the bottle, LOL!} I'm hopeful it works out for him. I worry that he'll become addicted to the pain medications, although they've not done a lot good for him. The Dr. did prescribe Restoril to assist him with sleeping.... he says it doesn't help too much, and I really haven't noticed a change.

We both are getting a lot of rest. Me, due to working 3rd shift, him still on a 1st schedule sleeping at night. But he's up and down about every 3-4 hours. I think he's finally realizing how I developed my weird sleeping habits of 4-6 hours a night and a nap every couple of days.

The weather here is changing..... we went from 31 degrees and snow, to 40's by noon, melting snow and ice, now it nearing 50. Stick around long enough and it'll change again, LOL! There is a 30 percent chance of rain after midnight........ hopefully, it will be gone by my shift's end at 8 a.m.

I'm planning to lay back down for a few hours sleep here in a bit. After I catch an afternoon movie....... if I can make through it, LOL! Don is out running errands, picking up Chaos's dog food, paying the water bill, and making a bank deposit for me. He's feeling a bit tired too so we'll probably nap together, get back up for dinner, spend my one hour in the studio before I get ready for work tonight.

Don also recently surprised me stating he wished he had a hobby. I offered to teach him to rubberstamp. He surprised me by offering to assist me with the "Music of the HeART" swap, so I'm going to allow him to do that. He can measure and cut paper, do some trimming, and layering. It will be fun to discuss some of the techniques I use, the types of inks, and the supplies used to create these as well as have a sounding board to bounce some ideas off of. Heck, he may even surprise me with how much he's learned from our road trip convos! Anything is possible.........

Well, my movie's on..........off to watch and relax a bit. *tootles*

No comments: