Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dream with Faith - Pop Up inside



This is the inside Pop Up of the Dream with Faith Card. To create the cardstock pop up base, I use Black Bazill cardstock, triming it 1/4" smaller on all 4 sides prior to scoring it in half. Using the previously stamped and trimmed images, I carefully placed them onto the scored edge to determine my placement prior to actually adhering them. Once my desired placement was achieved, I lightly create a small pencil mark so I'd know where to create the two slits on the scored edge. Using a paper trimmer, I cut in from the scored edge appoximately 1/2" in both of my desired placement marks. Changing from a cutting blade to a scoring blade, my card was turned so that a scored line could be created allowing for easier folding of the pop up. This is created by scoring between the two previously cut slits only. After removing the cardstock interior from the paper trimmer, I folded the card in the normal cardstyle fashion, then carefully pushed the paper between my cut slits towards me gently creasing along the scored lines. The stamped and previously cut out images of the two butterflies and dragonfly were then adhere to the left side or top of the pop up section right next to the left scored line. but not overlapping to allow free movement when opened. A torn edge of the Lavender Bazill cardstock was added for contrast prior to adhering the polished stone "Dream with Faith" sentiment. The pop up was then adhered to the right side of the previous card interior by adhering only the right side of the cardstock pop up base to the interior of the card.

All images were stamped using Black Staz On onto Tim Holtz's Adirondack Alcohol ink backgrounds created on glossy cardstock. The butterfly and dragonfly stamps are Anita's and the "Dream with Faith" is a Dawn Houser image from Inkadinkadoo.

No comments: