Saturday, February 18, 2006

In light of some of the recents.......

I made a decision today to quit my job. I realized that life is too short to be miserable and unhappy. Through out my life I've learned to pick my battles wisely, and unfortunately, the desire to fight for my job quickly vanished when I realized even if I put the fight, the problems that are there were not too likely to go away as easily as I'd have hoped.

I went into work and spoke with Barb, my initial interviewer, and explained my reasons for quitting and that unfortunately, I didn't see how things would change and improve for the better had I fought for my job. She truly seemed interested and concerned, not only for my feelings but for bringing to light some of the conditions in which I experienced.

I'm uncertain what the future holds, but for now, I plan to "restoreth my soul", ease back into some of the areas of my home life that I've been neglectful of due to working full-time, the shift change, the tiredness, and the stress from it all.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with my family, looking forward to the soon-to-be birth of my first grandchild, and am hopeful to get back to doing what I love to do........ creating art! There are a variety of ways and options for me to pursue where my art is concerned. I plan to do some soul-searching to figure out in which direction is my best option for me to begin pursuing. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders already and I look forward to whatever tomorrow may bring. For now, I content in the moment..........

No comments: