Monday, March 13, 2006

The Creative Process begins.........

Tonight I went out to the studio and brought in a plastic file holder that I keep my magazine images, words, titles, handwritten text, book pages, images, etc. in... I'd hoped to one day categorize it but somehow that day never came. But as I sat and looked through the papers, I realized just how special these pieces of paper are to me and to my artwork.

I was searching for images that I could use in a Fat, Chunky Book Project that I am hosting with 2 other artists. The theme chosen was, "Secret Doorways, Pathways and Portals". I'm comfortable with this theme and as I was browsing for any images that I feel would work well with the theme, I had to jot down some ideas, text, and words. The ideas are beginning to flow... I've several techniques and ideas I'd love to incorporate into the pages I create --- for now I'm letting the ideas & inspiration marinate!

I'm planning to work a bit on both this project and the Art Idea Journal RR as I sit and relax this upcoming week. The great part is there is nothing pressing in on me and it will be easy to keep up with the housework since the Spring Cleaning was completed along with the baby shower preparations. I'm excited and happy to be making creating art my first priority ---- a first in quite a long time!

No comments: