Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The First Day of Spring?

What? "Spring?" Brrr, is it ever cold........ and we are under a winter weather advisory with the possibility of waking up to 1-3" of SNOW! NO Way, Hosea!!!! I am so ready for some more sunshine, some tulips, daffodils, and how about some hyacinths for my soul?

Well, I decided the weather wasn't gonna get me down...... so after checking my emails, I got OFF the computer --- hey! That's a big accomplishment for me.... and guess what I did? TAE BO! Yep, me and Mr. Billy Banks are meeting up once again..... After about a 35 minute workout, a 16 oz. bottle of H2O; and a bath........ I felt like a whole new person! Full of energy and hungry as hell, LOL!

So, in the kitchen, I'm cleaning out the fridge ---- thinking I've got this, that, and the other, but I want some Fajitas! So I defrosted some chicken breast, sliced them in thin slices, cooked them in oil....... throw in some onion, peppers, tomatoes, fijita mix.... I started some Spanish rice, then realized I wanted some refried beans with cheese as well. So off to the store I go....... I pick up more onions, peppers, tomatoes....... my refried beans...... may as well grab some salsa and chips......... well, $25.00 later I'm wondering why the hell didn't we go out for lunch? I could have at least two margaritas, no slicing and dicing, and someone else could have cleaned up the mess, LOL! Upon returning home, Chaos is all "NOSE".......... sniff, sniff, sniff...... in and out of the kitchen although he knows better. He finally decides he better hit the water bowl and eat a bit of his own food before he really gets into some trouble before laying down in the doorway giving me those sad, puppy dog eyes. Why he believes I care, is beyond me, but whatever...... I'm immune to them. As I'm working diligently wrapping tortillas, baking refried beans with cheese, putting the spanish rice with some more cheese, turning meat in veggies in the iron skillet, I hear this whining....... I turn to look and this crazy dog is asleep, nose going a mile a minute and whining in his sleep! Must have been some Mexican food dreams, LOL! Anyways, our meal was great; clean up was a breeze; but my siesta afterwards was even better!

I awoke just as Don was heading out the door for work..... "Bye, honey!" he says... must have been a good meal! Hopefully, he'll think so when he's eating leftovers tomorrow, LOL! How do you make fajitas for a family of two......... Christ I think I could have feed half the street. Well, okay, at least invited a few friends.

So now, here I am.......... wide awake! But I did manage to get some art created this evening! I put on a pot of coffee; grabbed the vanilla caramel creamer and finished two, yes, TWO! of the Art Idea Journals!!!! and I received another in the mail......... If the weather holds out, I may make the trip to the P.O. tomorrow so I'll have more time to work in Linda C's and not swamp Vicky in Michigan. I'm certain she'd appreciate it! { *wild eyed wink!* }

No comments: