Friday, March 31, 2006

Inspiration Overload......

I've got it and I've got it bad! I don't know if it is from all the recent warm weather, the sunshine, the physical activity of the spring cleanup around our yard, or whatever........ but I've definitely got it! What is it you may ask? Inspiration overload!

I swear I cannot seem to get over this, not that I particularly want to I might add..... It seems everywhere I look the last two days I'm discovering something inspiring and enabling..... whether it be from colors, pattern, textures, fabrics, paper, stamps, art supplies or whatever, I simply see something and am instantly thinking, "Hey, this would be kewl!" or "I could try that with such and such supply!" It's more of a feeling, and intuitive sense of suddenly feeling totally connected to everything in the world....... maybe because it's Spring! but anyways, I'm keeping notes of all these thoughts and ideas as the magically appear. It almost as if God has lit a candle in my soul and I suddenly desire to rush to the studio...... to experiment, to play....to experience whatever this is!

I do believe that there is a special someone who helped to ignite this increased passion of mine. She's definitely inspired me beyond belief to actually begin to work once again on something I've been desiring to do for quite some time and need to get back into the swing with. "Who is this person?" Ethel - known as Lucasmom on 2P's --- you can see some of her inspiring Craft Fair Projects here: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=185370 and "what is she inspiring me to do?"

To get creative, to create, to play, to enjoy the journey of filling up the spinner rack that's been in my studio since last year that I intended to fill and place in Don's store! Last year, I began working on this project and as I created items, Don took them into his store and 65% of what I made sold! I've had the greatest intentions of getting back to working on filling this rack with handmade journals, notecards, card sets, magnets, charms ect. that I've created. To take my role as an artist one step further and actually begin to market my artwork locally. You see, my desire to do this comes and goes, wains and wanes, weaving itself in and out of my life like wind and waves--- sometimes gently nudging at me and other times, like today, comes in and crashes over my very soul! Of course, making $$$ earning a living has been a huge distraction.... one I welcomed at the time and proved to be a very eye=opening experience for me. It allowed me to realize that this isn't what I'm meant to do and that by doing so, I'm denying myself of pleasure and joy in my life. I'm cheating myself, robbing myself by not doing what it is that I truly want to do, more than anything else in my life and that is to be a true artist!

I think being an artist and saying one is one are two very different things, and lately, I don't' feel as if I'm doing enough to even deserve that title. Of course, how I'd measure such a feeling is as personal as each person is individually........ but it is as if today, I woke up and realized this is actually it! This is what I want to do everyday for the rest of my life. And the inner critic that sits waiting to lurch in and whisper or shout loudly "Are you sure?" has suddenly become quite. I've no longer any doubts whatsoever in what direction I want to take my artwork. Today, there is simply clarity...... and inspiration overload. It is as if suddenly my eyes are open and I am experiencing the universe in entirely new way! So, where am I headed? Why, Out to the studio to play!!!!! { *smiles and waves* }

No comments: