Monday, April 03, 2006

The "Waiting Game" truly begins.. and other updates.

Amber is now considered "full-term" as today makes the 37th week of pregnancy! Chris will be putting their crib together one day this week while Amber begins decorating the nursery, doing yet another load of laundry of baby items not yet washed, packing her hospital bag, ect.

Which reminds me that I too need to begin to make some preparations as well --- a list of photographs I want to take, camera, film, batteries, $$$ and change for the cafeteria and vending machines, have some comfortable shoes and clothes laid out in the event that I may yet get one of those 2 a.m. telephone calls! With babies, you just never know when..........

Tonight, we, Amber & I, are going to a free breastfeeding class at the hospital from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. This is the second class Amber has attended there; the first was to fill out of some of the paperwork for pre-admission and release....... having some of this done and out of the way is said to help speed up the process.

Amber and Chris have already picked out and met with a pediatrician, Dr. Davis and Kathy Davis, M.D. - a husband and wife team, who will be visiting the hospital after the baby is born for a complete physical exam and to schedule curcumcision, in the event that it the baby is a boy... so we're now playing the waiting game. Amber was over yesterday and I noticed she's dropped, the baby is moving its head into position although her last Dr.'s visit informed us she's not quite "fixed" yet --- but maybe this week.

Don & I have been working as much as possible on Spring cleaning our yard. The recent rains have interferred a bit so we've been focusing once agian on the house. Yesterday, we made the trip to Ontario where we purchased 4 more boxes of Pergo Red Oak laminate planks, now bringing our total up to 7 of the 10 boxes required for the 12' x 16' section of our living room flooring. We spoke with a family friend regarding installing it and he will be by with an estimate for us, either today or ASAP. It will be a few a few weeks before we purchase the remaining 3 boxes but the good news is that it is on sale for 20% off until May 3rd so we've managed to save some $$$ in the process. We've almost gotten the Jeep repairs paid off and the hospital bills from Don's knee surgery are on a monthly payment schedule which is assisting us to focus once again on our home remodeling.

I'm thinking once the flooring is laid, the room will actually begin to come together more. For once in my life, I think I've made the right decision regarding this room by treating it as two separate areas once we are done. This room has been the hardest room within our home for me to know how to decorate and has been the most challenging due to being long and narrow room, 12' x 30' and containing its 3 separate doorways featuring our front outside entrance, the kitchen/bath area, and the hallway leading to the bedrooms at the opposite end.

Once we're able to move the patio furniture back outside, I'll be able to put the small wooden table back out in the kitchen in front of the window and the base to the hutch where the patio is currently. Once the flooring is installed, I think I'd like to move the loveseat and chair with one ottomen over to this side of the room, and begin the hunt for a small area rug and 2 endtables to purchase. I haven't decided if I want a coffee table or not yet, however I'm thinking it would be a better idea to purchase a 3 pc. set vs. trying to match it all up later on down the road! I'm also considering changing the existing ceiling fan and going with another ceiling lighting fixture....... but that isn't too pressing. Hopefully, creating this space on the west side of our living room will offer us a more intimate seating arrangement with a bit more of a formal feel in comparison to the opposite side of the room which will be more of an everyday relaxed atmosphere.

Once that is completed we'll probably focus on the carport --- getting the header and garage door in and the sides redone before we begin saving for carpeting for the living room and hall. In the meantime, we'll simply be making due with the existing carpet. The recliner and remaining ottomen will go back onto the carpeted area on the opposite side of the room. I'm undecided re: purchasing another recliner or maybe a couch....... I miss having a couch to stretch out on but I am also thinking with the large screen TV and the larger recliner, having a couch may just be too much in the remaining 14' x 12' space on that side of the room. Maybe another recliner with a endstand between them and putting the focus on the TV with a custom built entertainment center surrounding it would be the best way to go. The good news is, I've plenty of time to think about it before making any permanent decisions.

Between all of this, I'm desiring to re-focus my attention to the studio re-organization. Doing what I can in smaller chunks of time vs. trying to combat it all in swoop! I'm hoping to give it some attention, at least once a week even if it is only a few hours here and there. I'm mainly thinking organize first, then consider adding in the storage options I've decided upon. One additional item I'm considering is acrylic shelving for my wood mounted stamps to add to the slatwall. I've found some websites that we can purchase as little or as much as we desire as we can afford to add to it. We did price a small air conditioner yesterday, for less than $100, we can get a 5000 BTU that would allow me be in there during the hotter, summer months.......... now if I could only discover a $$$ tree and a time machine, LOL! We'd be in there!

No comments: