Sunday, March 05, 2006

More on the "Nursery" Decor........

On the way home late last night, Don asked me an interesting question. He inquired, "Just how are you going to incorporate "the Dragonfly and Leave theme into the Zoo theme" in the baby's room?"

To answer that question, I guess you'd have to actually see the bedding set I purchased. It is in a patchwork pattern.... a mix of solids, checks, stripes, and dots all in pastel purples, blues, greens, and yellows. {There isn't a touch of pink anywhere in it.} The "zoo animals" are fabric that are appliqued on embroidery-style consisting of a blue elephant, a yellow and soft brown spotted giraffe, and a yellow lion with the same soft brown as a mane, and a green with a beautiful pastel teal blue alligator. There are only one of each on the bumper pad and the quilt is framed with these on the border surrounding the patchwork design. The reversible side of both is a gorgeous lilac purple check with thin green stripes running through it.

Also, you'd need to see the room with the "sparingly" stamped dragonflies and light green leaves. They're simply in groups of two or three --- one near the edge of the window, another on the wall where the white bifold doors will be hung to cover the washer/dryer area, and another stamped set near the light switch.

Therefore, my thoughts are to create some stencils for some lily pads, cattails, water and a few sprigs of grass, and maybe even a frog or two. What zoo doesn't have a pond? I'm thinking created in the soft pastel colors reflected in the bedding, a few of these strategically placed around the room approximately chair rail height will pull the entire room together.

And Hey! What little girl doesn't love going to the zoo? So the room is still unisex, in the event of any surprises! {Amber and Chris are always saying, "He." but you just never know!}

For the first time since this all began --- with the hosting of the baby shower in my studio, all the required time and effort that I didn't really want to make, I can say that I am actually getting excited! Hell, I'm even looking forward to more cleaning, the laundry/guest now nursery room so I can get ready for our newest arrival!!! {*smiles*}

I'll have to take some pics to put on here so that you can see our finished results!

No comments: