Sunday, March 05, 2006

Whoo-Hooo! I finally found all the Nursery bedding!

After Don returned home from working yesterday, we decided to make a trip down to Columbus in search of more of the nursery components I'd already purchased. My main focus was to find the elusive dust ruffle to the Nursery set that is being sold individually. I figured without it, I may as well begin to look for something else.

My heart sort of sank at the thought of that, as this bedding was working out for me so perfectly in so many ways. I wouldn't have to re-paint the guest/laundry now nursery room.... it is absolutely perfect with the lilac walls and white trim and my stamped dragonfly and leaves scattered sparingly about the room, even though the bedding has a soft pastel "zoo" theme. I could still keep my curtains that are already hanging as the colors within the bedding work with them beautifully even if they are a little softer on the color scale. Also, the biggest factor, was I wouldn't have to get so gender specific, as Amber & Chris desire to be surprised by the sex of the baby---- something that is driving this first-time grandma completely nuts!

As we drive down to Sawmill Road, with the intention of going ahead and making the final layaway payment on the crib and picking it up, we both are getting hungry; so we drive down Sawmill looking for something to eat. I'm in the mood for a steak dinner and the Lonestar is sounding mighty good. Unfortunately, there isn't one in the area, however, we spot a Once Upon a Child store where we ventured in to browse. My heart once again sinks a little into my chest as I realize I may just have to wait until after the baby is born before I can actually do more shopping! LOL! As I'm browsing, Don striked up a conversation with another man who is rolling his eyes as much as Don is at this point, as us ladies are ooohhhing, aahhhhing, and practically drooling over some of the items we are seeing. {Okay, it wasn't quite that bad, but anyone who has ever shopped for baby items can relate to what I'm saying!} I was quite shocked when Don actually asked for "directions" to the nearest Lonestar restaurant and the gentleman says the nearest one is at the Tuttle Crossing exit. My mind begins reeling when I realize Tuttle Crossing has a huge mall......... and there is also a JC Penney's store in it, so off in that direction we head.

Arriving at the mall, the wonderful search for a parking space ensues.... without too much difficulty we found one near the JC Penney's store. Once inside in the baby section of the store, my heart once again sinks........ they have the bumper pad and the quilt but no darn dust ruffle! I inquired about the dust ruffle to a young sales clerk, a sweetheart of a girl, who was the most helpful employee I believe I've ever met! She went over and above the call of duty, searching the stockroom, talking with other associates, and can you imagine my surprised elation as she comes back with not 1 but 2 of the dust ruffles! Thankfully, that wasn't the only surprise --- the reason I couldn't find them was they've been clearanced out! I ending up purchasing both!!! I couldn't pass them up after all I'd been going through emotionally and mentally over finding them. Purchasing a regularly priced $24.95 dust ruffle for $2.77........ how could I resist? So, I bought them both! Deciding since I'd saved so much on them, I could afford to do a bit more shopping, I also picked up the matching quilt, a softer heavier blanket that works beautifully with this set, a 6 pc. set of washcloths and socks! I haven't been so happy about anything in such a long time and Don is beaming --- as if this was his idea, LOL!

From there we head back along I-270W to the Sawmill exit. Deciding to get the shopping out of the way before we head to a Lonestar we stop in at Babies R Us across from The Baby Depot where the crib is on layaway. Man, I was in "baby heaven!" I've never been to Babies R Us ever in my life so now I'm on Cloud 9 and no-one is bringing me down! Don found a nursery recliner to sit in and a willing male sales associated to entertain while I shop, look, and drool a bit more....... I spent at least an hour browsing before I decided it was time to head out with my purchases. I found a crib matress that I wanted, a solid soft green sheet.... which I'd been desiring; the cutes gift wrap baby rattle with a giraffe similar to the one on the nursery bedding, and a Grandma Brag Book that I couldn't pass up.

Upon heading to the registers, I begin to feel a bit nauseated, shaky, and thirsty....... I suddenly realize I haven't eaten a thing all day and know immediately my blood sugar is dropping.... so I grabbed a Pepsi. I don't usually drink soda pop so this is a rare occasion for me...... and I couldn't get over just how sweet this stuff actually is! Once you get away from it for a while, you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyways, within the next 10 minutes I'm feeling a whole lot better and had only drank 1/4 of the bottle! Man, that is some "powerful" stuff......... so now I'm not only starving to death, I am on a sugar high, ROFLOL!

So, here comes the most excited first time grandmother this salesclerk in The Baby Depot has ever seen in her life. We talked about me desiring to get my crib out of layaway and she mentions that she can feel my excitement. I'd had to laugh, and no, I didn't mention drinking the Pepsi..... Anyways, on the way to the cash register, I spy the most gorgeous "green" Easter Bunny......... yes, I said "green", LOL! Believe me, Don has been teasing me ever since I bought I it but you'll just have to trust me, it is adorable and perfect for the nursery at Grandma's!

After eating a wonderful dinner at Lonestar we are headed home.... I'm so peaceful and content; a feeling I haven't had in quite some time. The search is over.... and I learned a valuable lesson along the way........ Sometimes, I simply need to trust that God knows what is best!

No comments: