Sunday, March 26, 2006

Where the heck has the time gone?

Don and I have been busy most of the week...... the normal, everyday things that seem to slip by you without much notice yet leave you wondering why the heck they seem to take up so much of your time kind of things.

We're both anxiously awaiting the arrival of Spring! It's coming! It's coming! Everyday seems to promise...... but when looking out the windows or letting Chaos outside we see rain, sleet, and yes, even a bit of snow! I noticed the trees are beginning to bud, my daffodillies and hiacynths are beginning to peek themselves up out of the cold, frozen ground but the temperatures certainly aren't reflecting any of this! It's been up and down, 20 degrees to 40 degrees most of the week, overcast, grey cold skies with mixed periods of sunshine, that only make you want more!

Chaos is shedding his winter coat so cleaning up dog hair around here has become a daily chore which means a trip over to Pet Smart in the near future for a shedding comb and nail clippers as the vet's assistants couldn't get him to hold still long enough to even think about clipping them. Imagine that! Our Chaos, causing trouble? The obedience training, is well, not going so good. Even nearing the 9th month mark, Chaos is still so hyper! so easily distracted! He wants to learn but his short attention span certainly compounds the problems and I know I give in too easily giving up his treats, LOL! With the promise of warmer weather, I'm hopeful to get out and get walking with him soon, working on the obedience traingin outside on the rear deck. He's such a blessing in our lives but his antics often you leave you wondering.......

Amber had her most recent Dr.'s visit. She only gained another 1/2 lb. but she's all belly/baby! Everything seems to be going right on schedule, the babe's heartbeat is strong and right in range. Amber and Chris even laugh at not desiring to know the sex of the baby, that even the baby seems to be in on it know as the Dr. and nurses try to guess based on the babe's heartrate --- what a tricky little mischievious child already..... staying between 140-160 bpm! The nurses seem to believe the baby is going to be of quite some length which doesn't surprise me too much with a 6'2" tall daddy! The baby's feet are up near, and often under Amber's ribs, and it's little round bottom on the opposite side, constantly moving as you try to feel for it, and the baby's head isn't fixed yet...... but moving into position. She should beginning dropping anytime within the next several two-three weeks. As a mom, I can sense the uncomfortableness she's experiencing from time to time. So, we all keep waiting.... allowing nature to take it's course --- just like we wait for Spring!

On Friday, I made another appointment with Sadie for a fresh haircut and highlighting. She does such a great job on my hair...... I absolutely love it! We went a bit shorter and lighter with the highlights this time so it's taking me some time to get used to "the new do!" Passing in front of the mirror it's one of those "who are you?" moments.... although I'm certain I'll adjust to it as the week moves on....... some new growth begins to occur and the brassiness begins to calm down. I'm still doing the dates with Mr. Billy Banks but did take an extra day off as my gluteous maximus muscles and hamstrings seemed quite tender this past week. Without the workouts, I've been increasing my drinking of water and eating a little more smaller portions and the weight is staying steading.... I've probably plateau'd once again but will stick with it knowing it'll come again.

So this week's theme is waiting........ waiting for Spring, waiting for Chaos to begin to demonstrate some of the obedience training, waiting for my first grandchild to arrive, waiting for the weight to begin to shed off my body once again........ and wondering where in the world the time has gone? LOL!

No comments: