Monday, March 27, 2006

Yesterday and today were beautiful days weather-wise; today even more so. On Sunday, Don & I took at trip over to PetSmart to pick up a few grooming tools for Chaos. I purchased a shedding comb, a brush, and nail clippers with a safety feature, although I am a little learing of clipping his nails. We had them try during his being boarded at the vets but Chaos is a little too hyper to co-operate fully..... something we're still plugging away at. The grooming session is always a challenge as Chaos believes he needs to see, taste, smell, everything you're doing. He is so comical to watch; someday's I wonder where I get the energy for it at all.

After shopping, we had a great lunch at O'Charley's, then proceeded to stop by and visit with Dennis & Sheila. I had to try out the shedding brush on Chaos's dad, Shadow, who loved it! I cannot wait for Chaos to mature some, to be as calmed down as Shadow is. Anyways, we had a good visit; staying a bit longer than either of us originally intended to but all is well!

Since we arrived home later than planned, Chaos got groomed on the back deck this a.m. We worked a bit with the obedience training on the rear deck; then, in the afternoon we attempted a walk down the front sidewalk. It was more of him walking me, LOL! He totally forgot everything once out front with so many new things to distract him, --- trying to chase cars, desiring to check out the neighbors dogs, ect. so after about 15 sit, stay, heel", and a few "Hell, No's" from me, we proceeded back to the back yard. He so wants to be good but is so curious and easily excited---- we'll work on it again once this evening inside before giving up for the day. Tomorrow is another day........ and offers a new chance for family and friends to tease me regarding my "baby" purchases....... grandchild and fur-baby!

Don worked on cleaning up the yard, clearing out the debries from the recent storms, twigs, limbs, and trash that has blown in. I think we're both looking forward to doing some yard work soon. Sheila's brother-in-law will be by one day this week to provide us with an estimate for a new garage door header and garage door for the carport. We're planning to put in a small workbench on one side for Don to putter around in or on and add a single door to the remaining space.

We had a late lunch of homemade bacon cheeseburgers, so I put on some spaghetti sauce to simmer, shredded some lettuce, and chopped up some vegetables for small salads, and will throw on some spaghetti to boil just before Don gets home. Sounds yummy.......

In the meantime, I'm rinsing out the big cans from the spaghetti sauce, removing the labels, and doing some sanding on them. I may make it to actually base coating them with acrylic paints and allowing them to dry completely prior to adding yet another coat and decorating them. I got the idea from Somerset Studio's mag.... the Jan/Feb 2006 issue of a project called "Tinnies - Whimsical Embellished Tin Cans" by artist, Lisa Kaus. You can view some of her amazing tinnies at http://www.lisakaus.com Fun!!!! I believe I'd like to use my larger cans for storing my Prismacolor pencils in my studio and will eventually divide them by color schemes and blending tools.

Well, that is about it for our day today... tomorrow is always another story! { *smiles and waves* }

No comments: