Monday, April 17, 2006

I'm always picking up Stamping magazines..... Somerset Studios being my first favorite and Somerset's Stampers Sampler being the 2nd. I am always inspired by these magazines, love seeing many of my online friends being published within the pages, gathering ideas from color usage, design ideas, images of stamps I'd love to purchase and add to my own stamp collection, ideas for embellishments or collages, to project ideas to re-create. Somehow, along the way, I manage to get sidetracked and feel that I am not truly utilizing the magazines I purchase. To remedy that I posted in an online group that I would like to suggest a few things to facillitate more group participation and "being inspired by" the Stamper's Sampler is one magazine that others decided they'd like to have challenges with.

Now, I love challenges but often don't participate due to either not having a certain supply, a stamp, or the time to participate. As my obligations to many other swaps, RR's, and such begin to wind down, I decided I needed to utilize my magazine issues more. Here is a list I created of ideas to re-create --- I decided not to place any limits on what I'd create so you may see anything from ATC's, Cards, Collages, Book Arts, ect. Some items I intend to make more than one.... one to have on hand for myself, several to RAK to family and friends, and some to create a series of.... to be utilized later in a monthly Sampler exchange.

I'd suggested this to the group, creating a monthly Sampler. Beginning in the Fall, {Sept/Oct} participants will sign up to participate in each month. Every participant will create items for the number of participants signed up and once each month one participant will receive everyone's submissions to be swapped back out. I suggested we rotate who receives each month's Sampler so no one person will be bogged down monthly sorting, re-packaging, and sending each Sampler return to each of the participants. I'm planning to start working on this so I'll have some items pre-made to include. There is no limit on what one can create...... everything from ATC's, Cards, Collages, 4"x4" artwork collages, microslide slides, CD pins, dominoes.... well, I think you get the idea!

Anyways, here is my "inspired by" list from the Apr/May 2006 Stamper's Sampler:
{Note other's list may be different - create what you are inspired by!}

Pg. 12 - Feather Lite - technique using Pearl Ex and Adirondak inks.

Pg. 14 - You Did It! - using the alphabet to hide in a sentiment!

Pg. 18-21 Guest Artist - Lisa Williams - vintage cards.

Pg. 23-25 ATC's Envelopes by Audrey Hernandez

Pg. 28-32 Gentleman Paper Doll template

From a different point of view - use my A Stamp in the Hand stamp

I don't want to limit what I am inspired to re-create so some might be ATC's, Cards, Collages, ect. I think I'll make multiples of some as RAK's and some as a series of items to use in a later Sampler.

What inspires you?

I plan to upload and post my artwork created to 2P's and add links to what I created in posts to the group. If everyone in the group would be so kind as to do this we could share discoveries we made along the way! Also, I'll upload my artwork to my blog here so that if anyone desires to join in... they can! Simply post a reply and a link to where your artwork can be found! {smiles}

No comments: