Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I'm not sure where all this energy is coming from, but I must admit I'm lovin' it! Yesterday, I managed to get my winter coats in one large storage container with room to add the few remaining one's Don & I decided not to pack up just yet, and Don took that one upstairs to be stored. Then, I tackled some of my heavier sweaters, leaving out a few lightweight ones and my sweatshirts. Gotta have my sweatshirts! I was really in no mood to be cleaning out closets so after working a bit, I moved the tote to the other side of the room and cleaned up. I will begin working on it once again when I feel inspired to do so; thinking even if it I work on it a little bit at a time, it will get done.

Next, I checked on the pulled pork that I'd been craving that I put into the crockpot on low the evening before. Decided I really wanted some potatoe salad and devilled eggs to go with the sandwiches we'd have later in the day, so I began to work making both and washing up dishes from breakfast and those I was using as I went along. I had to run out and help Don move the garage door panels as he was power washing them off and my darn potatoes boiled over, so I cleaned the entire stove top once I was finished.

After finishing that up, I went to assist Don with the power washing and figured since we had the powerwasher out, he may as well pull the Cherokee around and I began washing the outside of it as he finished the garage door panels. Donnie and his co-worker showed up around noon after finishing up another job and got started on the carport. I cannot get over how much of an improvement it is already as the got one entire wall off and replaced and some sections of the garage door hung. The parts for the garage door that we'll be replacing will be here today or tomorrow and Don is also purchasing a garage door opener. The boys should be back today, working on the opposide side and doing what they can until everything else falls into place. Donnie will also be finishing up the soffit on the house, carport, and garage and capping three windows on the front of our home and one in the back that has yet to be done. We were able to save ourselves over $600 using the pre-existing garage door taken out from the exterior wall of my studio so we are now considering siding the carport as well so it will be entirely finished!

After playing a bit with Chaos to quiet him down from all the "strangers" that are around, I made up a late lunch for us. It wasn't long thereafter that I sort of fell out on the loveseat for a couple of hours. I believe waking up at 5 a.m. caught up with me, LOL!

Upon awakening, I checked the mail and 3 of the Art Idea Journals had arrived, so I sat poured over the amazing artwork in each of them. I cannot get over the fact that even though most of us are re-creating the same techniques in each journal how different each one is! Amazing stuff in there and I cannot wait to get mine back and actually have sometime to experiment and re-create some of these for my own artwork.

Christi was able to work in one of the journals prior to sending them, so I repackaged the box I had ready to send to Vicky as she has now returned from visiting family. I decided to avoid bomboarding her with all the journals at once and to keep them safe and sound to break them down to 2 journals per Priority Mail box. I labelled them Box 1 and Box 2 and adding in a post-it note to each box for the order for them to be worked on. I'm hopeful this will help her out.

After Don arrived home, he informed me he'll be opening the store today as Shane had some personal things to be done. So, I figured I'd begin on Yogi's pages to be added to her journal, hoping I can get it finished up this a.m. since I cannot sleep. I started on her pages last night and managed to get the Whimsical Writing Alphabet done in pencil, the larger sections and loops created and filled in with colored pencil and the Odorless Mineral Spirits applied to them. Next, is the shadowing and the outlining..... which I need to determine if the supplies are in the house or were moved to the studio the other day so I can continue working on them.

I need to make a trip to WalMart later this afternoon to purchase a couple padded envelopes --- one for Rebecca's RAK --- I enclosed so much stuff the one I intended to use won't allow the items to fit, LOL! and one for the upcoming ATC with a Twist Technique Swap that I'll finish later. I'm thinking if I can finish up in Yogi's journal, I will mail both boxes today along with Rebecca's RAK. This will provide me with some time to work in the remaining two journals...... finish up the ATC swap and have them ready to go postal once again in the next week and a half.

Once I finish these 3 Art Idea Journals that are currently in my possession, I'll have 4 more to work in! So, we are in the downhill slide on seeing this large project throught to completion. This has got to be by far one of the greatest swaps I have ever participated in. The communication has been simply outstanding even if we've all encountered some delays in one way or another. I'd do a swap with any of these ladies again in the future --- just not the very near future, LOL! Lord knows I've enough to do for a while, ROFLOL!

That's my game plan anyways...... then, I should be in great shape to begin the 3 book covers and bindings. Kristy is working on her pages as an illness interferred, which is actually working out better for me providing me with some time to complete the previous obligations that I've made.

My intention after that is to get the studio back in order. I've been thinking about it and have decided to purge through some of my supplies, making up some goodies for my dd to use and getting rid of some magazines to make room for those that are more me and my style now. I've a few people in mind who may want them.

Well, off to work on the art idea journal so I can possibly avoid another trip to the P.O. later this week. I'm looking forward to working on these pages...... the coffee's brewing, the house is quiet and I can relax and create! What could be better? ....maybe a moment to enjoy the sunrise!

No comments: