Thursday, May 11, 2006

Can you see me?

Yesterday, Don & I took a ride up to the lake. It was one of our "going nowhere in particular" trips that allow us time to catch up with one another, stay connnected, have long, deep conversations regarding where we are and we desire our lives to go from this time and place and onward. I so enjoy those moments, just the two of us, away from the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives with all its distractions and interruptions. Those little road trips allow us some time to explore and discover more of the little things that help to keep us together. We had a wonderful lunch and drove home as it began to rain. Both of us were us such a light-hearted mood when we returned home that we took a moment just to dance in the rain. I think it is so important to our relationship that we create space for another within our own individual lives. It helps us to stay in connection not only with one another but with nature; allowing us to take some time off; and enjoy some quiet moments of reflection. It is those few and far inbetween moments that allow us to breathe in the wonder of our lives and to be thankful for all that we've been given, especially what we've each given to one another's lives. Reliving the moments that we shared yesterday as I awoke this morning, I created this ATC so that I may never forget just how important the time we share together truly is. I chose the vintage paper background to represent those long, lost forgotten moments of time and space, the little girl because within those moments spent together brings out my child-like nature, and the "Can you see me?" stamp because it is in those quiet moments reflecting the time we've spent together that reassures me of our love for one each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cathy, I love this card - the image goes so well with the BG! Don't give up on that ledger girl stamp - once the creative block has lifted you will find inspiration all of a sudden and you will love her!
Ruchama
(I like taking a look at your blog from time to time).