Friday, May 05, 2006

The kitchen redecorating {saga} continues...

After touching up the trim and allowing it to dry, Don and I will begin removing all the painting tape, plastic, and actually get to working on putting the larger things --- appliances and coutertop accessories back into the room. I need to wait a total of 4 days before anything can be hung back on the walls as the paint cures. I cannot wait to see the space after all the painter's tape & plastic is removed. Once the electrical plates are put back into place, appliances and the wall decor is re-hung, I believe it will be absolutely beautiful!

Tommorow afternoon, we will be heading out to purchase the last and final gallon of paint and I will begin working on painting the other side of the room. I don't believe we'll need the full gallon, however it will be nice to have some left for touching up. I'm hoping to finish up this painting project by the middle of next week, then thoroughly cleaning the neglected remaining areas of home.

I'm excited regarding shopping for the materials for new curtains and placemats, adding in a few touches of gold and green pottery and silk floral arrangements to accent the space. It's definately been an exciting adventure! I just don't quiet understand why is it you have to create a total disaster out of the rest of your home to do decorating in another but I know once finished we will certainly enjoy it. I'm excited now to finish this project so I can share more of the photographs and our home with family and friends and get back to doing a bit of entertaining.

No comments: