Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend 2006

was an extremely busy weekend for us. Don worked on Friday evening and afterwards we visited with friends at the Moose staying out a little later than what we're used to as we listened to an awesome band. Both of us slept later than usual on Saturday morning and I puttered around cleaning and organizing around the house until late Saturday afternoon when Don returned from work. We decided a drive and dinner out of town sounded like just the right ticket to get away and relax a bit. Returning home we spent time with Chaos who was more than ready for some fun and adventure, and the remainder of our evening was spent relaxing on our rear deck, exhausted!

Sunday, began early, getting showered and dressed to go out of town for some shopping and to visit an Antique Flea Market. I discovered the most adorable cotton outfit consisting of capri's and a top for Alexxis in one store; at another store another outfit with a matching sun hat! Then, we ventured to the antique flea market where everything I seemed to look at had the highest price tags! I'm not certain what type of glass two little birds I picked up to price were made out of but at $25 each, I passed on the pair. I found myself a little sad that all the ephermera I enjoyed was priced way too much.... everything from photographs, postcards, and books really were above what I'd normally see and pay. Needless to say, we left empty-handed but had a great time! We did run into some friends there who we enjoyed visiting with.

We returned to town over an hour late than the invited time for a cookout with Amber, Alexxis, & Chris and his family. Everyone laughed when I said, "We're late!" as others we're running late as well. Amber really enjoyed the outfits I'd purchased for Alexxis; hopefully they will help keep her cooler in this Ohio heat wave we're experiencing. Lower temps are on the way, they say. I spent about a half an hour trying to capture pictures of Alexxis's hands and feet while she was awake. Amber and I laughed so hard as she seemed to know when the camera was aimed at them as she'd wave, move, squiggle, and sqirm every since time. I did catch two really good pics of her but had to catch her off guard to get them. Now we know to make certain she's distracted, LOL!

No comments: