Saturday, May 27, 2006

This just blew me away.........

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=879233

I could be oh, so inspired!!! Artists like this just make me want to pick their brains, to be near them, to share with, to learn from one another. Unfortunately, Daniel did a "hit and run" having to go after posting. I wanted to shout, "HEY! Come back here! Let me pick your brain. Let's talk technique, source of those stamps, what variations of this technique would also work? Don't leave me just yet, I'm just getting started! LOL!"

Definately an incentive to get all these previous obligation finished so I can get back to creating with my stamps. I so miss it and am so feeling the effects of rubber withdraw!

I've gotten some great ideas and inspirations for a project that has been on my mind for quite some time and I know that my muse is returning. I feel her or it or him! Whatever I might call it. It's becoming, beckoning me quietly in that still, small voice that I cannot ignore and in a project idea I've had in the works of forming for quite some time. Getting the ideas and inspiration out of my head and into my artwork is still an entirely different story as my mind somehow detours from what my artist muse originally envisions so I'm learning to be still, to wait, to know that it will come all its own good time and this isn't a project I want to rush into or through. There is something there, something inside me that needs this....... an awakening of some strange sort. I don't know how exactly to explain it but it is something that you just feel, you know, you sense! It doesn't comsume you like a fire of passion, yet it is something that you're passion it about! It provides some spark of excitement, that ignites and smolders for a while before going out, and returns to spark again one yet another day or time. Yet it lingers, on my mind, in my heart, and in my soul and somehow I just KNOW it will one day BE. More than an idea or an inspiration, it will be born into reality in its own unique way. So I wait, patiently and anxiously awaiting for the day of its birth.

While waiting, I did complete several pages of journaling for Alexxis's scrapbook album last night. I was one of those wonderful writing moods which made me realize and re-discover the pleasure I derive from writing. I'm hopeful to flourish as I devote myself to the people and creative pursuits that I LOVE! I'd love to think that in some ways doing other creative endeavors as I wait is somehow preparing me for the project that lays ahead.

No comments: