Friday, May 19, 2006

My creative muse has definately left on a vacation to a destination un-be-knownest to me! {Geesh, is that a word?} I think about creating something everyday, look at my supplies, and feel totally uninspired. To add insult to injury, every time I walk into my kitchen, I feel as if I should be painting but the dampness in the air has certainly dampened everything, including my spirits! I'm beginning to feel like maybe I should begin working on a rowboat so we can at least row our way out of here.

Yesterday, I cleared off my small craft table and re-boxed things up to be taken back out to the studio. I really need to get everything back out there and really focus on the organization once again. I know I'd feel better if only I'd just do it! Why is it that just getting started is often the hardest part? I really cannot carry any of my supplies out without getting them wet, but I could be making room by clearing off what I have already started and making a list for any further organizational / storage ideas that I'd need to get and stay organized. I'm thinking having an alarm clock within the studio would assist me as well; that way I could set it to go off about a 1/2 hour before I must stop working and begin on cleaning up... thoroughly... not just wiping the scraps and adhesive tabs into the trash can, and creating a pile of similiar items to be put away later --- which never seems to happen. I've discovered I simply tend to push them out of the way to work on whatever idea or plan I have in mind, thus creating an even larger mess.

Anyways, since it is threatening to rain some more today, I think I'm heading to the studio to begin once again. A girl has to be ready when the muse returns........ {grin}

No comments: