Tuesday, May 23, 2006

When the motivation strikes...

I grab it! I apologize for being missing in action; just been busy since it has finally stopped raining. We had a couple of cooler days with a bit of rain overnight or in the morning and a few partly cloudy and overcast days, however, the last two have been absolutely gorgeous! So, we've been busy both inside and out.

Saturday and Sunday Don and I took a drive mainly just to get out of the house. On Sunday, we made a trip to Polaris, where we stopped into JoAnn's Ect. and I looked at fabrics, grabbed a sample or two, before deciding to pick up a huge sparrow made of bisque for the rear deck. We had a nice dinner out at Carrabba's and later Sunday evening visited with my little sweetheart's, Amber, Chris, and Alexxis . Upon arriving I couldn't hold Alexxis at first as she was sleeping and mommy said she had an upset tummy. Shortly thereafterthough, Grandma's angel awoke, hungry, of course. So, I feed her and couldn't get over how she is growing like a weed! After eating, burbing, and leaving me a present in her diaper again, I changed her diaper and the little sh*t initiated me and the couch! Once she was settled in once again, Amber and I chatted away and of course, she had to tease me about only coming by to see the baby! She is such a fun mom! It is so awesome just to sit and watch her with her interact with her little one. At her first Dr's appointment yesterday she weighed in at 7 lbs. 10 oz. already... and drinks 4 oz. at a feeding, and desiring them every 3 1/2-4 hours. It is amazing to me that she will already be one month old shortly. I don't have a clue where the time goes anymore!

Most of the day on Monday, Don & I have been busy; mowing, cleaning off the rear deck of the remanents which have fallen from the trees. Seedlings were everywhere! I even discovered a few in the few pots of flowers that I had planted early this month and quickly removed them.
I think I seen thing in the same spot for so long that seem like part of the fixtures, so over near the hot tub, I changed things around a bit and re-arranged them and that really helped inspire me. I like the mix of wood, concrete, the light and dark contrast, and have added candles everywhere! We added water to the hot tub and I treated it with a dose of shock treatment and have spent the last couple of days adjusting the ph levels and bromine. Hopefully, it will be ready to get into tonight, I've got a feeling I'm going to need to need it.


All the recent rain and the weather sort of put a major damper on any gardening ideas I had; that is, at least, until today. We went out to a garden/flower place on St. Rt. 4 --- Cinderella's Garden but I wasn't too impressed with the plants or flowers there so we headed back into town to go to The Marion Flower Shop. There I picked up two huge patio tomatoe plants, a begonia bag, a half flat of Coleus. Next, we stopped at WalMart, and browsed their garden section... which was also in poor shape. Lots of shade loving plants but not too much in sunny spots florals. I did go ahead and grab some gardening dirt, a couple bags of potting soil, and a potted Diahlia that wasn't in too bad of shape. From there we ventured on out to Lowe's were I bought a flat of begonias.

Upon returning home, grabbing us both a cold glass of iced tea, I began to work on getting the flowers potted. I ended up with a huge pot for the patio tomatoes, deciding to put both plants in one large container that my burning from a few years ago came in. I filled the begonia bag with begonias and potting soil watered it thoroughly and went ahead and hung it although the instruction said to allow it to lie flat for a few days --- guess I got a little impatient to see it actually hanging, LOL! I filled another couple of pots with a mix of coleus and begonias, and still have enough for another pot, at least. I'd have finished those up too except, I ran out of potting soil. I knew I should have grabbed another couple of bags!

Next, I set out to cooking us a couple of hotdogs on the grill to eat so that Don would at least have something before he went to work. Since, he is now there, I thought I'd bring Chaos inside and rest a bit while I caught up on my blog. Hopefully, I can get some pictures taken soon as I am awaiting for the batteries to recharge.

No comments: